Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, time to replace the pups in my rg520 quilt. I play mostly progressive and metal/hard rock. I already have a full shred in the neck and it sounds pretty nice so I am going to leave it alone for now. I want a nice bridge pickup with relativly high gain yet still remains versatile. Nice string to string balance is a plus also. I have emgs in my main metal axe and want something different for this. Any suggestions would be apreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Time and again I am told "JB JB" for my 3120... I have not heard one bad thing about duncans JB in anything mohagany from any source. However, I cannot yet speak from my own "Ibanez" experience. Perhaps soon. Anyway, to my ears, they sound pretty decent in anything off the music shop wall. I certainly don't think they have the amount of attitude that everyone seems to describe.

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a JB and liked it alot in my old Kramer... back in the 80's. So far it is pretty high on the list but I also have a few guys saying the Duncan distortion has a little smoother sound. Less midrange honk . I just wanna here the suggestions that people have so Ican research a few select models instead of them all...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ... seeing as I was happy with the JB in my Kramer.. I am sure thinking hard about it. I am really curious how it will mix with the full shred in the neck. It rips compared to the stock bridge pup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
lyconxero said:
I'd say to either go with a Dimarzio Tone Zone or maybe an EVO for the bridge pickup.
Yeah I used the Tone Zone for a while and it was a brilliant pickup. Different yet not sounding like Vai. Sharp, clear and punchy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.