Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is, in your opinion, the most annoying guitar riff ever created in the world of rock and metal?

For me, its an easy one. Without a doubt, hands down it has to be:

Black Dog by Led Zeppelin

Just to illustrate how much I hate that song, I will use a Family Guy reference. Remember the episode when Stewie jumps on a plane and flys somewhere, then takes a cab and drives out to some guy's mansion, slides a stool up to the door, rings the doorbell and punches the guy in the face when he answers? Well, that's what I feel like doing to the surviving members of Zep whenever I hear that song.

What's yours?

·
Registered
512 Posts
What is, in your opinion, the most annoying guitar riff ever created in the world of rock and metal?

For me, its an easy one. Without a doubt, hands down it has to be:

Black Dog by Led Zeppelin

Just to illustrate how much I hate that song, I will use a Family Guy reference. Remember the episode when Stewie jumps on a plane and flys somewhere, then takes a cab and drives out to some guy's mansion, slides a stool up to the door, rings the doorbell and punches the guy in the face when he answers? Well, that's what I feel like doing to the surviving members of Zep whenever I hear that song.

What's yours?
Not really sure, but definately NOT Black Dog!!!!!! Love that riff!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Funny you mention Metallica. I was at Long & McQuade earlier today and some dirty skeet was playing Enter Sandman on BLAST through a Marshall and the guy thought he was a friggin' god.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nothing wrong with Enter Sandman - it's a brilliant and catchy riff in my opinion.

Can't think of two many really annoying riffs but there are a few brutal solo's:
#1 Clapton - Layla - sounds to me like someone killing a cat.
#2 Blue Rodeo (for you fellow Canadians) - 5 Days in May - the solo never ever should have made it to record.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Why not spend more time grooving on stuff you DO like instead of reflecting on crap you don't?

There are so many crappy songs out there that I don't WANT to try and reflect on them. They might get stuff in my head!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses... those two high notes he always plays wanna make my head exploded... they're so annoying and prominent.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Anything from Black Sabbath besides that Cross Purposes album which is one of my favorite albums.
All other albums have extremelly ugly tones and even out of tune guitars.
Seriously I don't know how people love Sabbath so much.
Iron Man is in my top five ugliest songs ever lol

Sorry Ozzy but Crazy Train starts with a F#m heavy riff then a pop A major lyrics fills in........to me one of the ugliest modulations ever!

Personal tastes are what makes us so different and special, what's awesome to one is crap to another LOL

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Anything from Black Sabbath besides that Cross Purposes album which is one of my favorite albums.
All other albums have extremelly ugly tones and even out of tune guitars.
Seriously I don't know how people love Sabbath so much.
Iron Man is in my top five ugliest songs ever lol

Sorry Ozzy but Crazy Train starts with a F#m heavy riff then a pop A major lyrics fills in........to me one of the ugliest modulations ever!

Personal tastes are what makes us so different and special, what's awesome to one is crap to another LOL
I agree! Crazy Train starts with an ominous riff, then when it should kick in--you're left with a toe-tapper.
As far as Enter Sandman--I liked the riff when that album came out, but have hated it for the past 10 years or so.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
I love the Enter Sandman riff!!! I went through the whole "not liking" it phase, then I've gone full circle to nostalgia now :)

One thing I've never like is Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana...

·
Banned
122 Posts
jimmy page riffs awwww man that dude sux azz man.theres a video of him playing still of the night with david coverdale,he leaves out the solo hahaha how lame is that.say what ya like but jimmy page/robert plant are vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery overated

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
jimmy page riffs awwww man that dude sux azz man.theres a video of him playing still of the night with david coverdale,he leaves out the solo hahaha how lame is that.say what ya like but jimmy page/robert plant are vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery overated
Couldn't agree more!
Wait somebody is screaming..........Oooh baby..............ooooooh baby...............baby!
Shut up Plant LOL

1 - 20 of 86 Posts