Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my first Ibanez JEM and I want a glove fit case. I know the mr500c is build to accommodate 7 and 8 string guitars, but between the two, is there any reason to get the 500 over the 300?

·
Registered
437 Posts
The MR500C is absolutely the better case.

edit: The 300 is a fine enough case though, my wife actually ran over one of mine on accident (was loading the car up and had stuff behind the trunk and she went to back the car out lol) and it had no damage

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the old M300C (molded team J craft version). It's great. The newer ones seem different. Has anyone compared them?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Omg Bob, while reading that I felt the hair stand up on my neck. That is nice to know they're that tough, I may have to get a couple of those.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the old M300C (molded team J craft version). It's great. The newer ones seem different. Has anyone compared them?
Fair disclosure; I didnt know there was a "new one"; the ones I have are the older ones as well.

Omg Bob, while reading that I felt the hair stand up on my neck. That is nice to know they're that tough, I may have to get a couple of those.
LMAO! We actually have one of the biggest dogs in the world (no, seriously, hes about 7 feet tall on his hind legs and over 200 pounds lol), and when the cars are parked next to each other we have to back one or the other out to let him in. So she was doing that and I had set stuff behind the car I was gonna throw in the trunk, and I was coming out with a box and just stood there as i watched her put it in reverse and saw the car do a slight jump and land back down.... I was SO ANGRY; I just sat there staring at the car. She got out doing the "what was that" dance, and she pulls out the case... nothing lol. Was totally fine haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair disclosure; I didnt know there was a "new one"; the ones I have are the older ones as well.

LMAO! We actually have one of the biggest dogs in the world (no, seriously, hes about 7 feet tall on his hind legs and over 200 pounds lol), and when the cars are parked next to each other we have to back one or the other out to let him in. So she was doing that and I had set stuff behind the car I was gonna throw in the trunk, and I was coming out with a box and just stood there as i watched her put it in reverse and saw the car do a slight jump and land back down.... I was SO ANGRY; I just sat there staring at the car. She got out doing the "what was that" dance, and she pulls out the case... nothing lol. Was totally fine haha.
Did she at least go "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" when she realized what she ran over? My wife would be freaking out because she knows what my guitars mean to me. :grin2:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Did she at least go "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" when she realized what she ran over? My wife would be freaking out because she knows what my guitars mean to me. :grin2:
Ha! I think she said that verbatim!

Yeah; I mean, obviously not a malicious act; so Id be more "mad at the situation" kinda thing but for sure same.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Question:
The case i got with my PIA isn't one of these. Doesn't Ibanez sell the original cases ?
Cheers !

·
Registered
437 Posts
They sure do; its the M20RG case. Its almost entirely identical to the M300C to the point I personally just group them together.

The M100C is find the only one to be "slightly" inferior. The hinges are kinda crappy on it, and the latches arent super inspiring, but as a case functions, Id believe they would do the job fine. Im not in a hurry to find out though lol. For a PIA, I'd splurge on the MR500C just because of the value of the guitar; and the locks on the MR500C are just way better. Otherwise, for general storage; any of these are fine.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
They might in Bavaria, but they will not sell the RG20 in the US. There are distributors in Europe [non factory distributors] that are breaking Hoshino rules but they are not supposed to be sold outside of with the guitar.

·
Registered
437 Posts
They might in Bavaria, but they will not sell the RG20 in the US. There are distributors in Europe [non factory distributors] that are breaking Hoshino rules but they are not supposed to be sold outside of with the guitar.
:nerd: Really?? I purchased an M20S from guitar center a little while ago; must have been an extra or something? And why on earth would they bother blocking THAT thing? Pushing sales of the M300 or something?

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Policy. If a case is included with a guitar it is not for sale separate.

Guitar Canter forgot to include the case with the guitar? 8O

GC has always had a habit of taking guitars that include a case a putting a price on the guitar and a price on the case. And most buyers are clueless. I've bought JEM10 cases from GC and I guarantee you could never buy a JEM10 case.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Policy. If a case is included with a guitar it is not for sale separate.

Guitar Canter forgot to include the case with the guitar? 8O

GC has always had a habit of taking guitars that include a case a putting a price on the guitar and a price on the case. And most buyers are clueless. I've bought JEM10 cases from GC and I guarantee you could never buy a JEM10 case.
Ha! Alright then; good to know :)

Man, I'd be PISSED if I bought a JEM10th and it didnt have the case with it from a vendor shop haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'm going to splurge and get the 500. Why not, it's a nice guitar and I do like the better locks and storage inside. Worth it!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think I'm going to splurge and get the 500. Why not, it's a nice guitar and I do like the better locks and storage inside. Worth it!
The MR500 is only a few bucks more than the M300; definitely worth the extra cost lol; I wish those things were around a long time ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same doubt between both cases. I got the M300C for a couple of reasons: it is more compact and it fits my RG very well, since it is built for a right handed and six string. The MR500C is larger, seems to have better protection, but the guitar doesn’t seem to be fully embraced by it, because it is for lefties as well, so the lower horn is smaller than the space that the case has for a lefty upper horn.

I did not need the extra protection of the MR500C and I appreciate the smaller size of the M300C, it is even smaller than my prestige cases. The only downside is that the compartments have no flaps on them. I’m not sure how are the compartments on the larger MR500C.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received the 500 the other day. I don't have the guitar for it yet, but it seems like a pretty nice case. The thing I like most about it are the better quality locks and and I believe there's more storage inside. There still aren't any covers for the compartments other than closing the case over then but they seem designed well enough. The base of the guitar should sit in there well apart from the way the horns lay in. The neck area has a piece that you can flip around to accommodate for different neck sizes, whether 6 string or 8 string. All in all it seems nice. I managed to find one video review about it and it seems pretty well fitted.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
I love the M300C case! Got one for the RG521 and it's great. If I were a touring musician of course you'd get a true road case but it's still plenty bad ass and tough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts