Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my pedal board takes up to much room and i need to down size for my new living accomidations. I will still be gigging a lot (actualy more) so i still need effects and all that jazz.

I play a Gibson Es 350t or an Ibanez S through a Mesa Stiletto Deuce Stage ii and an orange 1by12 cab(no room for anything bigger). I also have a handwired jazz SS amp made by Jim Henrikson.

I have been looking at the GT8 by boss and the TC electronics Nova system. The GT8 seems cool but it is still not very natural sounding. I havent been able to find a Nova system i can actually sit down and play long enough to judge. So has anyone tried one out?

Is there any other multieffects processors you would suggest?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

If you get a Digitech GNX4 I can give you some of my personal patches. I've dialed in some really good sounds. If you like the old Marshall plexi sound, I've got something that's very similar. Also one that's much more throaty-er than that. I can record a few things this weekend, maybe tonight and send it to you to listen. PM me your email if you're interested. You can pick up a nice, used GNX4 for under $300.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Digitech eh...

I have never really heard anything good about a Digitech product. Years ago when I thought gear was the key to tone rather than technique i used to experiment with digitech stuff because it was cheap. The always sound very unnatural. I want something that will still give me the petrucci esk OD tones I used to get out of my mesa. But at the same time I still want to be able to get more of a a Jim Hall/Pat Metheny sort of tone when i play my archtop through the jazz amp.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have the GT Pro which is essentially the GT-8 rackmount version. I don't use the pre-amp capabilities of it but I do extensively use the effects. It is very versatile and the effects sound great live and recorded. If you get the GT-8 you won't need a separate foot controller.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

Personally, I love my Digitech stuff. I can always record something for you if you like. I think you'd change your mind afterwards. But you know, if you know how to use what ever multieffects processor you buy, you can dial in the sound you want. I've looked at several, and really liked how I could adjust frequency response in the amp and cabinet as well as EQ with the GNX4.

Another great sounding multieffects processor is the Zoom g9.2tt. I bought that for the bf as he loves the Zoom stuff for just messing around. It's got two tubes in it and some really great effects. I was shocked. I never was into Zoom, always thought their stuff was cheap. Maybe so back in the day, but they've picked up their A game. The g9.2tt has some snot to it. It doesn't have the fine tuning capabilities as the GNX4, but it's still a great little unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts