Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day everyone,

I am on the search for a Maxxas, preferably a MX2, but I will do an MX3 as well. I have a search saved on the bay, and last week, it e mailed me with one new Maxxas available! I about poo'd myself until I looked at the listing. It *may* be a real Maxxas MX2 body, but it has an Ibanez oval dot neck on it, an after market floyd, and no case. The seller originally was asking $850, then pulled the listing, and then listed it at $650, then pulled it, and now has it up as an auction. I really do not know even if its a real Maxxas body, but I am assuming it is. My question is, what is this guitar really worth? I know the possibility of ever getting a neck for it is slim to none, and its a bit of coin to put an edge back on it. Thoughts? Thank you!

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Just MO but if you want a Maxxas you wait for the right one. If you don't care if it's a mutt then buy the mutt but I don't see the point if you really want a complete Maxxas.

It'll be worth whatever it ends up selling for. Nobody can put a hard number on mutts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just MO but if you want a Maxxas you wait for the right one. If you don't care if it's a mutt then buy the mutt but I don't see the point if you really want a complete Maxxas.
Thank you Rich for the input. You are right, I want a complete one, so this one is a waste of my time. It sucks to have the funds burning a hole in my pocket, but I will be patient and wait.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, its a moot point anyway. I did bid on the auction, and the auction got cancelled yesterday. Given the past history of posting a listing and pulling it, I am staying away from it now. It wasn't meant to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts