Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have found the key to my Malmsteen is a good pedal. I use a compressor and sometimes a DS-1 set as a boost. It just seems to need that extra bit of push to get the most out of it. I would like to try the Malmsteen DOD just to see what effect that has.

I have also found the bridge pickup is quite trebly, I usually just roll off the tone a bit but I have also tweeked some of my pod settings. The neck pickup will make you wet your pants.....it's lovely

It took me a while to fall in love with my Malmsteen because I was so used to 24 frets and humbuckers. It is a very different guitar, it will stay clear and articulate no matter what and it just has an inherent sort of clean twang to it. Plus it looks amazing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My buddy has an SLSMG in flat black.

I dumped an EMG Zakk set in it with two batteries (18v).

He paid about the same for his with no case.

It rocks!

It took me forever to get him to buy a hard tail guitar. Now that's all he plays.

Nice Japan made guitar!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I tried out the yngwie one, didn't like it, mainly because its maple(dont like the feel), its a thicker neck then i'm used to and it only has 21 frets, also all scalloped witch is wierd getting used to i guess.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the YJM is commin some time tomarrow!!!!! I got the Jackson on Thursday and I love it!!! Although the EMG HZs suck!!! 81 and 85 are goin in it tomarrow!!!! And Wedensday I get my Custom Shop Carvin!!!!!

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the YJM today!!!! Its AMAZING!!!!!!! I will post pics of all 3 guitars on Wedensday after I get the Carvin!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yngwie Stratocaster rocks! I haven't played one yet, but plan on it in the future. Great purchase, you got great deals on both guitars! By the way, where did you get the YJM Strat for only $950? Have fun with them! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.