Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Satch and Vai covers

I'm still getting used to the recording lark after only have the computer set up a couple days, but on this soundclick page are my recordings of Sisters and Satch Boogie to backing tracks.

Be warned! The sound (especially on Satch Boogie) is rather poor because I am recording with my horrible Digitech RP200. There are mistakes a-plenty, but I've done my best for now, I'll look to improve them soon once I am more familiar with the software.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/markbannister_music.htm

I'd appreciate creative criticism on my playing please. I've only been at it 3 1/2 years and I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
just listened to sisters.

the funny thing (to me) is that you seem to have some of the tricky fills down pretty well but fall down on some others. this is where multi-track recording is your friend. if you're not proficient enough to play the whole song through without any slip-ups, go back and re-do some bits. maybe just record the main theme (the g and the f shapes) and then record the fills onto another track.

i found it frustrating to listen to because between the bits i know well and the bits you seem to know well, we could make a decent go of it! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts