Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi man, 1st things 1st, i love the music, it sounds cool. The solo was **** hot :D
However, i dont want to piss on the bonfire so to speak- but if that was done in a pro studio and you spent 3 days on it, thats a day per song, then i would have personally thought you would have better production. I thought the drums did sound a bit weak.
My band spent a single day in the studio, and got everything down 1st time, and managed to get 5 tracks with great quality down hear in Bristol, this guys become some what of a recording legend for the locals. Could i ask how much you paid for it? As i may be getting the wrong end of the stick here completly as we paid about £200 spud for ours, and also, i thought maybe you degraded the quality of the music for online?

Sorry if i sounded harsh and all that, so please dont take anything personally!!! :)

Kev

(we've got some production samples here www.omission.co.nr, which'll load as soon as you fire up the page)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i'm not too fond of the mix or production. It wasn't really a pro-level place we recorded it at. The whole thing came to about 450 for 26 hours I think. I'm going to re-mix it myself at some point soon if I can find someone with the same software setup.

Cheers for the comments though, the solo was recorded in just a coupld of takes, improvising around a structure, this one sounded best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts