Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my band has some new mixes of our songs up and i'd love to get opinions from you guys of the music in general (also of the mixes). I realize that's a broad question but any input is welcome!

3 of the songs from the upcoming are here on the myspace:

www.myspace.com/ytwwvofficial

And here is the pre-release video featuring photography from our photographer Luis Lopez Descartes (Veil of Maya, BTBAM, Animals as Leaders, iwrestledabearonce, Miss May I, etc) We were actually the first band he photographed.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Would really appreciate if people could put some "genre" part to these things. I can then decide to listen when I'm in the mood for it.

Sounds good in terms of mixing. Well balanced.

The vocals, man, those really kill me

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
Would really appreciate if people could put some "genre" part to these things. I can then decide to listen when I'm in the mood for it.

Sounds good in terms of mixing. Well balanced.

The vocals, man, those really kill me
those vocals would kill anybody lol.nah i cant dig death metal but it is good for what it is.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I tagged it in the thread, I guess I should have mentioned it in the post. I didn't wanna title the thread "TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF MY ULTRA BRUTAL DEATH METAL BAND" and expect anyone to comment cohesively, ya know?

Thanks for your input though guys.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
As far as the mix..... I think the guitars (bass included), and vocals really hit the mark, there money if you ask me. I think the drums are a little (ok... a lot) dry. there's very little definition between the tom's and the snare, and the kick has no depth to it at all......... I listen to very little death metal, but I think that if you were to listen to the drum tracks on "Killswitch Engage's- 2009 release you'll get the idea of what I think would complete your tracks. the drums just need a little more depth. Excellent guitarwork by the way..... very well planned and executed.

Ryc

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, we tracked guitars dry and reamped them so we can go back and redo them if we want, but the drums are live and have struggled a bit in the mix with them. It should be noted we recorded all this in my basement on reaper with an alesis IO26 and an ancient peavey board lol. We still have a bit to go before we finish and release the album.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
For a "homegrown", It all sound VERY good. Live drums are always a massive BITCH!!!!! If your basemant is unfinished, I would find as many heavy comforter type blankets, and hang them all around the kit- including the ceiling. sort of creating a "dead room" that way you (hopefully) won't need to do any production cleanup on the tracks. You'll have pristine tracks to mix in effects with. Just my 2 cents. Also, Duct tape the **** out of all the heads except the bottom snare. Eliminate ALL the resonance that you can- you'll be able to construct a much bigger drum mix if you have something perfectly clean to start with.

Ryc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts