Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, fellow Jemsiters! My band just released our new EP "Ocean of Sparks". I'd love for you guys to listen and give me some feedback!

Genre is technical/death/core

Here's the 3 tracks from the promo copy (quality reduced for Youtube, sorry)

We have an artist development meeting with Stand and Deliver records early next month (after the thing with Metal Blade) so i'm excited! They want our full length to be done by a national producer instead our studio.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Not my style of music but nicely done, i watched the video where you guys played live , the guitars look seriously out of place . Especially the PGM :)

Kinda like Garth Brooks playing a xiphos :)

Hope all goes well

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i watched the video where you guys played live , the guitars look seriously out of place . Especially the PGM :)
Lol! I got a bunch of local requests to bring out the PGM. I normally play a PRS (which is what i recorded the album with). Also the yellow RG is mine and the other guitarist (Dave) had to use it since his RG550 is currently being restored and his backup guitar needs fretwork.

Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Not my style of music but nicely done, i watched the video where you guys played live

Hope all goes well
8O I swear I am way too old to be listening to this, which means my opinion means absolutely nothing...;)

I wish you guys nothing but success and lots of $$$...

I did find it very hard to discern the difference between the songs. There were subtle things of course, but not being a fan of this type of music, I found it hard to feel what you guys were feeling...I do think your clothes are a bit too casual for this type of music. Might need to be a bit darker!

Very similar to my Father (who was a huge jazz/big band fan) listening to my music from the 80's...He'd swear that Bon-Jovi, Megadeth, Triumph, AC/DC, and Dokken were the same band!

I absolutely mean no offense to you, so I hope you haven't taken any. It seems good for what it is. I'm obviously not your target audience...I hope your meetings go well... :D

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Even if your band had the most amazing songs STILL I cannot take that cookie monster kind of vocal seriously.
I can't accept an adult trying to sound like satan!
I want a singer...............singing.
Sorry but that's my taste.
There are some death metal songs I really like their instrumental parts but once their cookie monster started to....hmmm......satanizering(lol) I start laughing like ......good lord that's not serious lol

So obviously I'm not your target but still as a musician I can give you a piece of advice.
The best talent any musician/band/artist can have is PERSONALITY.
Your band sounded TO ME like all bands out there,nothing really caught my attention and not because you guys are bad but because you guys sound like a bunch of other bands glued together.
I hope someday you guys will find out your own way of expression,in that day Personality will rises and your band will stand up among all others ;)

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
im not fussed on thrash/death metal.but give credit where its due its very good for what it is,ive certainly heard worse,look at a song on youtube called scum by napalm death OMG thats hideously hideous lol.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It reminds me of Lamb of God when they were Burn the Priest. I like it, but I do agree the vocals sound like most of the other bands in this genre.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts