Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got notice that my RGD3127 is finally on U.S. shores, so I've ordered all the upgrades I (tentatively) plan to make:

I say "tentatively" because I'm actually curious to hear how the Fusion pickups sound and feel. I'm not opposed to leaving all the electronics factory-stock. However, in the event that I do make changes, here's a list of what's in the photo:

• DiMarzio Illuminator Bridge
  • DiMarzio Ionizer Neck
  • Mad Hatter Solderless Kit (SV-3T = single volume, 3-way toggle, all necessary wiring)
  • White Cliplock (the extra-short version)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: MY BODY IS READY (for my new RG3127 to arrive)

Ionizer neck, great choice. Curious how this pup will sound in your RGD (if you do make the switch)

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: MY BODY IS READY (for my new RG3127 to arrive)

Ionizer neck, great choice. Curious how this pup will sound in your RGD (if you do make the switch)
I'm curious too. This Illuminator/Ionizer combo is what I have in ALL my 7-string RG's (two RG1527's and an RG2027X). However, those guitars are all 25.5" scale, so it'll be interesting to see if there's any noticeable difference in the tone of these pickups on the 26.5" scale.

I was using the Liquifire (neck) in all my 7's for a few years, but it wasn't quite to my liking. I mean, it was okay, but I tend to like a brighter/crisper (more top-end EQ) neck pickup and don't want as much of that warmer/rounder sound most people are after in a neck. The Ionizer has been better in that regard--for me anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts