Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jemaholic said:
I still like your white UV the best, but it looks cool with the neck-through.
Congrats!!!
I think you're thinking of Flobanez.....I don't have any UV's :D

nikt said:
If the fretboard is ebony I will take it !!!!
It is ebony, and it feels really nice.

dangomles said:
Wow, thats incredible, let me ask you a question, how thick is that neck?
I am not sure what the exact dimensions are, but it feels slightly thicker and rounder than the RG1527 it replaces. It plays like butter. It's f'in awesome.

pawel said:
This is very nice, I love the finish - are these only coil taps or also phase switches?
Just coil taps.....I didn't really want the phase switch.

Thanks all around guys, I am so happy with it, and I'm glad to see that you all like it too!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks nice. I'd sure like to try one of these, but that's not exactly easy. I'd never be able to order a semi-custom without first trying it; I'm wary that the neck is horribly thick; I really can't stand anything fatter than a Wizard. There's not a Carvin guitar within tens of miles here. There's actually not even a Carvin dealer in Sweden, which is goddamn ridiculous.

Did you get stainless steel frets? If not, why the hell not? Hehe.

I'd really want to be able to pay extra and get a Wizard-profiled neck and not having to change pickups myself. Speaking of pickups, I see they're making all pickups with 22 pole pieces (well, 26 in your case) now, not just the Holdsworth...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
8 weeks total, not too bad. They got really swamped, and everyone's guitar was delayed; the folks at the Carvin BBS were all having the same issues. But that's ok, I'd rather have it done right than rushed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts