Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started playing again after 19 years off. I never could afford an Ibanez in the 80's-90's. I got a RG270 in april. I then replaced everything but the body with MIJ parts and seymour duncan PU's. These pics are from my project RG570 body I got a couple months ago. I decided to add my own Herman style grip and I decided to shape the back of the body so I can access the higher frets easier. I wanted to try staining to see how it would come out so here it is. just remember this is my first attempt at anything like this and I am having a blast.

I am now deciding if I want to use the neck and fingerboard I have or replace the maple fingerboard with a rosewood one with sharktooth/lightning inlays. I took a wizardII neck shaved it down to 17mm at 1st fret and 19mm at 15th fret. I did re radius the fingerboard to 430mm but I really like the rosewood look and inlays. I have a rg550 neck with rosewood and sharktooth on my other guitar that I replaced everything on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like the wood didn't take the stain evenly - which has nothing to do with you. Did you use conditioner before you stained? I used to be a skeptic, but after using it on cedar and getting uniform staining I became a believer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.