Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all,

I picked up a 2001 RG470NP body and was wondering how I could tell if it was MIJ or MII.
From what I've read in other threads the screw patterns differ slightly between the two necks/
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't read the #, it's too faded.
Does anyone know the measurements of the two, and how they differ?
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone here ever sat down with a ruler and done a side by side comparison of the two necks and took note of the differences of the screw hole locations.

Buying a neck with a 50%chancece of having to plug the holes is unacceptablele to me.

Can anyone help??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2001 will be a Japanese model. It was only made in Korea from 1994-1997 from memory.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Awesome man thank you very much, I was getting warried.:lol:

Okay, I'm off to buy a neck now!!!

AS far as electirc guitars go I've owned B.C. Rich, Gibson, Fender, Washburn, Yamaha, and a host of no-names but this is my first Ibanez and I'm learning about them as I build.
regards,
Ken

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Does anybody have any idea if the was resolved? I will be trying to match an Japanese RG 520 body with a Korean RG 370 neck.

-Wolfram

·
Registered
479 Posts
dunno if this is helpful, but I have a 2009 ibanez rg body, and a 2002 rg neck, and they don't fit together. The neck holes aren't just in a different spot, the pockets are slightly differently shaped. I'll have to remove some material from the pocket of the body to get it to fit. Beware.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
These issues are nothing some simple tools cant fix...

sandpaper for the neck/pocket
toothpicks and wood glue for the holes
a drill for new holes

simple as that...

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Does anybody have any idea if the was resolved? I will be trying to match an Japanese RG 520 body with a Korean RG 370 neck.

-Wolfram
You won't have any trouble with matching them up.... the screw holes are in the same location.....

The holes in the 370 neck will be a smaller diameter that what came with your 570 so your going to want to open those holes up a bit...... then be sure to use the neck screws that came with the 570.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
They don't always line up. Sometimes they need to be dowelled and redrilled. I have an MIJ Wizard on an MiK body from factory. The neck was dowelled and redrilled to fit.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
They don't always line up. Sometimes they need to be dowelled and redrilled. I have an MIJ Wizard on an MiK body from factory. The neck was dowelled and redrilled to fit.
That's odd....which holes were out of alignment??

All my Wiz2's match up to my Wiz bodies......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts