Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Nice!! If you found that in the Ishibashi U-Box that was the exact one that was put on hold for me as I was going to pickup but ended up passing on it. Went and got an RG8670VV instead.

Congrats on the guitar and I hope you love it to death. (Welcome to the J-Custom Club :mrgreen: )

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
buddroyce said:
Nice!! If you found that in the Ishibashi U-Box that was the exact one that was put on hold for me as I was going to pickup but ended up passing on it. Went and got an RG8670VV instead.

Congrats on the guitar and I hope you love it to death. (Welcome to the J-Custom Club :mrgreen: )
If so thanks for passing on it, it's amazing and completely unbeatable at the price.

I'm keeping my eye out for a TB or DX now ;)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
w0lv3121n3 said:
how much was your total?
~$1300 including import duty. Or I should say it should be ~$1300, Ishibashi put a hold on my credit card for the purchase price, but never applied the actual charge and the hold has expired. So I've actually only paid the $100.66 import fee to date...

I need to call my card company and make sure the charge wasn't declined because of automatic fraud detection... they can get a little weird about international charges. test

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
technomancer said:
If so thanks for passing on it, it's amazing and completely unbeatable at the price.

I'm keeping my eye out for a TB or DX now ;)
You and me too man. I still need a TB and a DX for my collection, but I might pass on an RG8670tb since I already have my neck thru JCRG-2 in TB. I got my Trans Violet and now I'll be getting one in Vintage Violin, only one or two more to build a wicked collection of RG8670s.

Speaking of Inlay, there are two types of Vine inlays on the JC's. Yours must actually be one of the older RG8670's where the flat leaves are actually mirror. They ended up changing the mirror with abalone some time later. I'll post pics of the difference when I recieve my RG8670VV, 'cause the VV one has the Abalone leaves and my TV one has the mirror. (I actually like the one with the mirror as it blends in so well with the trans violet and it gives the inlay some depth).

Cheers,

Budd

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
buddroyce said:
You and me too man. I still need a TB and a DX for my collection, but I might pass on an RG8670tb since I already have my neck thru JCRG-2 in TB. I got my Trans Violet and now I'll be getting one in Vintage Violin, only one or two more to build a wicked collection of RG8670s.
I'll be happy to land either one to have as a backup in case I start play out again (getting back into playing after 10 years). I was looking at a mint TV but it was gonna be over $2k by the time it was imported so I had to pass on it (was still thinking about it when the DR showed up on Ishibashi, actually). If you see a TB somewhere and decide to pass on it let me know ;)

buddroyce said:
Speaking of Inlay, there are two types of Vine inlays on the JC's. Yours must actually be one of the older RG8670's where the flat leaves are actually mirror. They ended up changing the mirror with abalone some time later. I'll post pics of the difference when I recieve my RG8670VV, 'cause the VV one has the Abalone leaves and my TV one has the mirror. (I actually like the one with the mirror as it blends in so well with the trans violet and it gives the inlay some depth).
I didn't know they changed the inlays... I'll look forward to the pics. I definitely agree that the depth the mirror adds is awesome.

Did you get the VV that was on Ishibashi? I almost grabbed it but decided to hold out. Now I'm debating between looking for another 8670 or a JPM90 (after that I think I'm tapped out on guitars for the year).

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
voodoo_child said:
Heres a photo of your guitar in slightly better focus :p
Yeah, I was backlit for the pictures I took so I had to hold the camera at arm's length to not cast a shadow. I've got that pic (and the other 2 from ishibashi) but didn't post them because the right side woodgrain is completely blurred out.

voodoo_child said:
Just dont go snapping up ALL the sexy JCs of ishibashi :p
No danger. I'm looking at getting one more guitar in the next few months, and have it narrowed down to a list of three:

1) RG8670TB or RG8670DX or RG8670TV
2) JPM90
3) JPM100P1 or JPM100P3

Honestly if I had known hom much I was going to love the neck on the 8670, I would have probably bought the VV that was up a few days ago even though it's my least favorite finish :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
technomancer said:
~$1300 including import duty. Or I should say it should be ~$1300, Ishibashi put a hold on my credit card for the purchase price, but never applied the actual charge and the hold has expired. So I've actually only paid the $100.66 import fee to date...

I need to call my card company and make sure the charge wasn't declined because of automatic fraud detection... they can get a little weird about international charges.
Same thing happened to me when I got my j-c from the U-Box. My card was charged about 2 months later.

BTW, congrats on the guitar :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.