Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..which will also be my first prestige and my first double edge axe. Woo-hoo!

I was tied between a 2027 (for twice as much $$), this one and another radius. So, soon I'll let you know what all the rg fuzz is about. Hi-res pics will come, too ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Aaaargghhhh, you beat me on this one! I bid as well..........
I was kinda disappointed I did not win, but hey that's the game.
Congratz anyway with this one, you got it cheap!!!!!
My search goes on for a nice 24 fretter with a double edge...

Let us know how it sounds!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hmmm.... got a couple of ppl selling 2120X here in Singapore now... I see 2 now. Got a friend selling his for about 900SGD, with AN/TZ pups. 900SGD works out to.. abt 370USD?

If you guys are interested in that.. PM me, I'll forward you their email/advertisement. I don't think I'm supposed to post links to their ads here right? :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! Yeah, 495 incl. case is a very good deal here. The cheapest 'prestige x' axe I've seen so far before that was a S2020x for about 600. Stonehands, sorry about that. I'll let you know when I decide to let it go again... You can still hope I just can't get used to this axe ;)
Anyways, cheers everyone.

PS. Does an a/b pedal to switch between pus and piezos on the fly sound like a good idea?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hidden on the following pic is one vacuum cleaner, 50 fingerprints and a color that's just impossible to photograph. Find them all and get your reward ;)

The guitar arrived 3 days ago! I spent hours playing it but I didn't even find the time to clean it yet.
Ibanez did a craptacular job by using two very different grain patterns for one body, but that's hardly noticeable from a few feet away. Otherwise it's a very nice axe. The ultra neck is very comfortable and the whole guitar looks just spectacular. Forget about the catalogue pics!
The piezos are awesome, and are a good reason to improve on my fingerpicking ;).
The pickups are rather dull, especially the V8, but they'll have to stay there for a while. I'm leaning towards a '59/JB combo for this axe.

Oh, and a few words of wisdom: Always take a look into the battery cavity before writing angry emails about broken electronics ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.