Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, as many of you know, I have a Christopher Woods Jem body that was swirled by someone called "Biozanova" (of course I have NO IDEA who that is and the neck pocket is signed J.R. Mo... something. Dont know who that is either). I got it pretty much the way it is now. Body, pickguard, pots, knobs and the trem bushings.

So, seeing how I want to do this right, I have been slowly getting the parts I need (mixed with what I already had with it):

DiMarzio ISCV2 (Black) *
DiMarzio Norton (Black) *
DiMarzio Evo (Black) *

Ibanez Edge Trem (Cosmo) *
Needs:
- Mounting Studs

Ibanez Edge Bar *

Fender 5 Way Switch
DiMarzio Red Switch Tip
DPDT Switch for the coil tap
Jeanie Pickguard (Clear)
Smoked Chrome Knobs
Barrel Output Jack
Fender Replacement CAP MPF RDL .022uF 250V 10% *
500K Pots x 2
Felt washers (for the strap knobs) *

Here is the current state of the body:

I am not too happy with that pickguard as I feel it is too thin, so I am waiting to hear back from pickguard paradise about making me a new one. I also think for the trem/cavity covers I will want them clear as well (anyone making those?). I need the neck screws and ferrules too.

I will still need to get the mounting studs (anyone?). The big thing is going to be the neck. I would, of course, love the vine of life done in white with a black headstock, but that is the LAST thing on my list.

Once I get the body done, I will worry about the neck and I think until I can save up, I will either put the body up, or, get an RG neck for it. I was thinking of hitting a GC to find a used Ibanez with the AANJ because for what I have seen some of the necks selling for on the bay, I could almost buy a new Ibanez and strip it down, lol.

I am not sure if I got the correct CAP MPF RDL .022uF 250V 10% or not, so if anyone wants to chime in, let me know, lol!

So, that's the progress so far. Will update as I progress more.

* denotes parts that have not yet arrived/on order

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Chris has a swirled pyramid inlaid neck on his site which will be for sale soon.
Look under the store link...

I would think you'd want that PG as thin as possible, since you have a rear routed body, you only want to protect the paint, not bury it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Chris has a swirled pyramid inlaid neck on his site which will be for sale soon. Look under the store link...
Droooool. Just emailed Tony about getting it.

I would think you'd want that PG as thin as possible, since you have a rear routed body, you only want to protect the paint, not bury it.
True, but this PG is really REALLY thin. Guess I will have to wait and see what it looks like with the pups and edge installed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. just realized this will make the 4th email sent to Woods Guitars regarding a neck. So far I have received 0 replies, lol. Guess I will keep looking for a neck, lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the way it's turning out so far..... gotta get that red single coil cover though. :lol:
Got three of them en route. ;)

I think getting a neck any time soon will be a task unless you can get one from the evilbay or maybe find one on here. Check with member "ashbass". He may be able to help.
I am beginning to agree here. I will either have to do the bay, or hit Guitar Center and buy a used RG or something. Strip it down for the neck and toss all the other stuff for sale on here, lol. I may do that tonight.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Small Update on the progress. Received the DiMarzio ISCV2 and the Fender Replacement CAP MPF RDL .022uF yesterday. Contacted a few people about the red DiMarzio covers and was told they were discontinued about 5 years ago, so, I had to slightly enlarge the pole holes on the red ones I have and it worked well.

So, the progress goes, and it goes slow, but this will not be a rush job. Thanks for all the comments. Oh, I wanted to point out something kind of cool. I liked the Oreo comment, but in reality, it's more of a yellow color than white. In fact, when I first got it, I wondered if it would glow in the dark because it has that sort of look at times. Other times it looks white. Depends on the lighting.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More good news. If the post office is on time (HA HA HA HO HO HO) I should have the majority of my parts in hand tomorrow and the last bit here on Saturday. Once I get all that in, I will begin the wiring fun. Once that's done and the Edge is installed, I will wait to get a neck (although, I will probably just use an RG 450 DX for the time being).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just sent my 4th email to Chris Woods about that neck he is selling. Hopefully he will contact me soon ... I even told him he has a definite sale, lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmmm .... of course I could be wrong, but your clear pickguard looks almost exactly the same thickness as the one on my DNA.........
It's more than that with this pickguard. The pot holes are drilled a bit too big (IMO), the pup cavities are not big enough (by a few MM), etc. It will do for now. Especially since I can't get a response from Pickguard Paradise (2 emails), lol.

Good news is I received a response from Chris Woods, so I will hopefully have that neck soon.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts