Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. I wanted to add some comments for Ibanez..

I wish Ibanez would keep making some of the RG line in Japan.. and add more RG types of guitars with set necks or neck thru models.. I'd love to see a set neck or neck thru model with a reverse headstock, maple neck with some sort of inlay, and maybe a fixed bridge or at least an edge or low pro edge..

Would be very cool to be able to get a custom USA built or Japenese buildt custom shop Ibanez too! Today if I want a custom guitar, I'm stuck with Gibson, ESP, Jackson, Fender, etc.. but no Ibanez? Why is that? I know you have the talent, so there must be a ligit reason.. I just don't know it..

My big thing would be that Ibanez make more Japanese guitars standard.. Make more guitars from japan with bigger or fatter necks, those like the PGM.. Also, with reverse headstocks and either maple or ebony boards.. That would be killer, especially if you could get either a bolt on or order a neck thru for isntance.. What about different scale lengths? It would be so cool to be able to order an RG with a neck thru model in maple neck with maple board or ebony board, with reverse headstock, and EMG's or dimarzio's directly mounted to the wood, and with a short scale. God I'd love it..

Well, I've dreamed enough.. Maybe some day.. In the mean time, I just keep looking for used guitars.. and Ibanez's are a great deal in that market.. at least for now..

Tim

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thinking about the guitars that Ibanez made for **** Thompson, I would say that I wouldn't necessary want a signature model but I would like to have the option of buying an Ibanez with stats like this

RG Prestige Body
Bolt-on or Neck-thru neck with ebony fretboard
25 1/2 scale length
EMG 81/85 active electonics
Reverse headstock
Some sort of inlay different than normal dots (although I could live with normal dots)
Floating trem of some sort (Edge Pro is fine)

If Ibanez made a Prestige guitar like that and just got rid of one of those redundant RG Prestige models then I guarantee they would sell a buttload of them....atleast in the US. That would just be a sweet guitar....

·
Registered
10 Posts
everbody bringin up good points, but it seems that the underlyin issue is the fact that one of the best brands out there today (at least IMO) don't make custom guitars no more. Why should i have to settle for another company like ESP makin my dream guitar when i know that Ibanez comes closer with their standards? It just ain't right!!!

If Ibanez had a "custom quote" link like ESP and Jackson does, they'd make a lot more cash!!! i don't wanna have to get a new neck made just cuz i want an ebony fingerboard!!!! I KNOW i'm not the only one that feel this way!!

Ibanez higher-ups should be readin these forums so they can see what us players really want

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
they make customs for artists i think, i guess its a "sorry we cant do u a signature model but thanks for using our guitars lots" thing but maybe it is possible for a regular person to have a custom one built?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts