Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I recently had another chat with Steve and we talked about a bunch of stuff including his influence on the 7-string movement. You can read the full thing here http://iheartguitarblog.com/2013/06/interview-steve-vai-2.html but this quote stands out to me:

"There are people out there who don't even know my connection with the seven-string. I did an interview the other day where the guy asked me 'So with all these bands playing seven-strings, do you ever get the desire to try one?' And I didn't feel like educating him, so I just said 'Well, y'know, sometimes…'"

·
Vendor
26,554 Posts
:lol:

I got to spend 20 minutes with the DY 7 Proto last month. What a cobbled together piece of work it is, I'm not sure the trem is even useable! But what a piece of history!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey folks. I recently had another chat with Steve and we talked about a bunch of stuff including his influence on the 7-string movement. You can read the full thing here http://iheartguitarblog.com/2013/06/interview-steve-vai-2.html but this quote stands out to me:

"There are people out there who don't even know my connection with the seven-string. I did an interview the other day where the guy asked me 'So with all these bands playing seven-strings, do you ever get the desire to try one?' And I didn't feel like educating him, so I just said 'Well, y'know, sometimes…'"
In the first paragraph of the interview, you say Vai has only toured here solo once in 2004. He also toured solo here in 1997 & 2000 and was also here in 1988 with David Lee Roth.

Just thought I'd let you know...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yeah, S&R rocks. I remember finding it in a mall for almost $20, getting pissed at the price and then spending the whole day driving around to other stores in town to find it cheaper.

Then FAILING at that and going back and paying the $18.99 or whatever to get it that day.

No Amazon.com back then!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yeah, S&R rocks. I remember finding it in a mall for almost $20, getting pissed at the price and then spending the whole day driving around to other stores in town to find it cheaper.

Then FAILING at that and going back and paying the $18.99 or whatever to get it that day.

No Amazon.com back then!
HA! so true.. I remember paying 20 bucks for new releases back in the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts