Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my JS1000 later on in the year since I now have a JEM7v which is getting all the attention now, and it seems a waste to keep it sitting on its own getting lonley. The problem is, it is a 1994 JS1000 and has picked up 4 or 5 dings over the years (my Dad was the first owner). It plays beautifully and the fret board has been maintained very well, but I was wondering if it was worth paying to get it re-painted and selling it, or if I should sell it as it is? Also, if I do sell it as it is, what sort of price am I looking at with the dings on it? (in £s if possible, since the currencies are all over the place currently)

This is not an advertisement, might I add. I am yet to even decide if I should sell it or not! (don't tell me not to sell it :p)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a JS-1 from '92 (showing my age I know) and am thinking the same thing - but admittedly I am leaning towards getting it painted to look like the JS90th.

It was my first Ibanez & I just love the guitar too much and cant part with it - but it is very beat up and I thinks needs an overhaul.

For your Dads sake I would hang on to it - as I want my kids to hang on to this one!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I would hang on to it if I were you. And I definitely would not repaint it.

What color is it? Some pics would better help value it. I would think somewhere around 800-900 USD is probably close over here ...not sure about your local market.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Keep it, I made the mistake of selling an old RG500DX in the 90's and really wish I still had it. You can never have too many guitars and so what if you only pick it up once or twice a year!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
If you must sell it, post some pics of it, as we'd be able to give you a better perspective about how much you would possibly be looking to get for it.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Don't repair it, you won't get close to getting the same finish on the guitar and it'll basically make it worse than it is. Maybe it's the picture but I remember that TB that Rich has being darker than that.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It probably was darker, paint jobs are unique on each of these are they not? But, I suppose it could be the light, the pictures Rich took have reflection of a light bulb and I took these just now in broad day light ;)

Any idea how much I could sell this for? I know a fair bit about guitars but when it comes to pricing for sale, Ive got no idea.

This guitar is really beautiful though. The colour and finish is just wonderful. Im glad it was my first Ibanez.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Anybody buying a 1994 guitar would expect/understand a few (or plenty) of dings and scratches.

You'd be crazy to refinish it just for the purpose of re-selling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all of you for your input :)

I shall probably sell it quite soon then - I need a new amp ;)

If there is anybody who is interested, you can always PM me. We can sort out a price! I am going to put it on the selling forum quite soon :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts