Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The center lock on my case for my uv777bk is stuck.....what do i do? I don't want to break the lock and tear up my case. I have the ibanez case with the word ibanez on it in pink. Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did you do to fix it??? I need it open casue i have band practice at 5. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Those can be a bugger sometimes. Are you sure its STUCK-STUCK? Sometimes I cant get mine to open with my finger so I have to use something else. Try pushing on it with the handle end of a butter knife or something (dont scratch though)

And more importantly...are you sure the combo is set to open???

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
This happened to mine yesterday :( I don't know what happened, it tried and tried to open it. I hadn't changed the combination.

In the end i ended up breaking the lock to get into it. Now it won't lock, but at least the latch actually shuts properly, to open it i've got to put pressure on the latch and push the button which isn't so bad, the lock just looks scratched but i don't mind too much.

I think the locks are a stupid idea anyway :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
THey are amazingly easy to unlock when you don't know the combo.
Patience is needed.....start at 000 and start spinning 1-by-1. You'll feel the lock "give" a little when you hit a correct digit.
Took me about 12 minutes to unlock a case I didn't know the combo to.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Andelusion said:
This happened to mine yesterday :( I don't know what happened, it tried and tried to open it. I hadn't changed the combination.

In the end i ended up breaking the lock to get into it. Now it won't lock, but at least the latch actually shuts properly, to open it i've got to put pressure on the latch and push the button which isn't so bad, the lock just looks scratched but i don't mind too much.

I think the locks are a stupid idea anyway :(
Yes...they are a bit annoying aren't they???

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Actually the case was only trying to help him out.....it foresaw the future and knew his UV was about to be insulted:lol:

nice case..good little case.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JJEMMER777 said:
Actually the case was only trying to help him out.....it foresaw the future and knew his UV was about to be insulted:lol:

nice case..good little case.....
LOL yeah i got it open and my dad looked at in and something inside of it broke and so i have to buy new "insides" for the lock cause i don't like it when people try to open my case with out me knowing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Locks are dumb,someone can easily just take the whole case or just break the lock. The only way to protect your guitar is by keeping an eye on it constantly and in a safe place.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Why not just put in a strategically placed screw to screw the case shut? It would be such a pain that no one would ever bother to try to unscrew it to open it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts