Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The neck is actually fairly thin, which surprised me, feels much better than my 7 String Hellraiser. I think its 22 mm at the nut compared to 17-19 for ibbys. The Radius is only 15" but since its soooo wide it feels almost perfectly flat. The pickups sound good, but I don't really have anything else to compare them to since I never played anything with any other 8 string pickups on them.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Wow, that's a wide fretboard man! I think I'd either end up getting lost on it or noodling aimlessly all over it. The guitar looks great though, pops to them making it lefty!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I like it. Very simple and classy, especially without any inlays. I too would be confounded by 2 more strings than usual. I tip my hat to you at being able to play such a beast. ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
id send it back if i were you, its all backwards...

Other than that it looks like a nice guitar. I like the look of them loads, nice and simple. Have fun with it! Maybe a youtube vid is in order??

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
That looks amazing. How much were these going for again? Beautiful guitars. I'm keen to try some Agiles, its' a pity though that the US-AU $ conversion sucks again though.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sweet...I'm looking into getting something from their custom shop....I just don't know when Kurt is opening back up and taking orders....

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet...I'm looking into getting something from their custom shop....I just don't know when Kurt is opening back up and taking orders....
The custom shop was open a few weeks ago, I don't know if it still is or not.

This guitar with case was around $700. If you wan't to explore the 8 string realm without spending a ton these are the way to go.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
... that thing is a beast and a half!
You say it's pretty thin @22m at the nut? Would like to read a 1-1 comparison with the RG2228 [sans the pickups]. I've tried the RG2228 while back and i thought the neck was wizard thin but REALLY wide... then again, I have small hands but very playable nonetheless!

Reg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice! I like the fretboard!
Aren´t those pickups lundgreen m8s?
They do look alot like them, but they are Cepheus "Alpha" passive pickup in the bridge position and Cepheus "Beta" in the neck position. Agile pups. I have an Intrepid standard from the first batch...awesome guitar. I also have the Ibanez RG2228, but I prefer the Agile...sounds much better...that has alot to do with the scale lenght I believe, but the pup sounds awesome in my oppinion...I won't be swapping mine out anytime soon...now I'm just waiting for my dual standard in ghost burst

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
... that thing is a beast and a half!
You say it's pretty thin @22m at the nut? Would like to read a 1-1 comparison with the RG2228 [sans the pickups]. I've tried the RG2228 while back and i thought the neck was wizard thin but REALLY wide... then again, I have small hands but very playable nonetheless!

Reg
I can't really compare it to a RG2228 since I have never seen one in person, but I can tell you all my other guitars are wizards and prestige wizards and I find this neck very comfortable, and thinner than Schecter or ESP. Due to the scale length the tone and playability/feel will be different from a 2228 as well. I'm still getting used to the scale length but I can shred just fine on it now with my tiny hands.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very nice. I'm glad to see Agile gives you leftys some love :) Like Wound I also have a Ghostburst Standard Dual on the way and can't wait. I have heard a ton of recordings with the Cepheus pickups as well as the accounts of a lot of dudes in the know, and these pickups seem to be great. Very tight and defined with great tone. I wouldn't even consider the EMG's. I am a BKP whore so I may swap to them one day, but from what I hear I think I am going to like the Cepheus pickups. I have also heard some say they are basically Lundgren M8 copies and not just in the looks department.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts