Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to share this. I see that there are tons of Carvin threads on here, so I might as well. I received this a few weeks ago. It's a DC600 with Floyd Rose, Deep Aquaburst over Quilted Maple, Stainless Jumbo frets, Birdseye Maple fingerboard, coil splitting.

I plays as great as it looks, and don't let anyone tell you that the Carvin stock pickups don't rock. These are the stock C22B (bridge) and C22J (neck). They sound better to me than the Duncan JB's in my USA Jacksons.

:D

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to share this. I see that there are tons of Carvin threads on here, so I might as well. I received this a few weeks ago. It's a DC600 with Floyd Rose, Deep Aquaburst over Quilted Maple, Stainless Jumbo frets, Birdseye Maple fingerboard, coil splitting.

I plays as great as it looks, and don't let anyone tell you that the Carvin stock pickups don't rock. These are the stock C22B (bridge) and C22J (neck). They sound better to me than the Duncan JB's in my USA Jacksons.

:D
Wow... that guitar is absolutely STUNNING! Here I've been drooling over the chlorine Jackson PC-1... and yours looks 10x better. Congrats on an awesome guitar. Glad to hear you like the pickups too. Some people rave about them, others say they are no good?? I've been wanting to try some for a while now.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
anything is better than my lp...

hey OP how much did you spend on that beauty?
A lot less than I did for mine, because I had to go through one of Carvin's international dealers and the price shot up an extra 400 bucks or so. Carvins are still better than the rip off artists ESP, but they are now closer in cost to a Jem 7FP2 than a good J custom :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to hear you like the pickups too. Some people rave about them, others say they are no good?? I've been wanting to try some for a while now.
I did an A-B comparison between this guitar and a couple of my Jackson USA Soloists, both with Duncan JB's. I honestly like the Carvin pickups better. They're about the same degree of "hot," but the Carvins have better clarity and articulation to my ears.

Granted, we're talking different guitars here (ebony vs. maple boards, etc...), but the pickups definitely account for most of the sound difference.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I did an A-B comparison between this guitar and a couple of my Jackson USA Soloists, both with Duncan JB's. I honestly like the Carvin pickups better. They're about the same degree of "hot," but the Carvins have better clarity and articulation to my ears.

Granted, we're talking different guitars here (ebony vs. maple boards, etc...), but the pickups definitely account for most of the sound difference.
Thanks for the update. I'll definitely have to try some Carvin C22's someday. I put a JB/Hot Stacks set from a USA Soloist in my project strat a couple months ago and really like them... so I'll probably like the Carvins. They are very reasonably priced too... $55-60 if you buy direct from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts