Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jackson DK2M w/ Duncan's.

**** item number 250174465396 more pictures down the page.

i highly doubt i have been but please dont tell me i've been scammed rofl.

~daniel :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Why do you think you may or may not be scammed? It's a nice guitar, I like Jacksons and used to have a Dinky myself. My only issue is that my hands are too big for them. Always good to see a maple board anyways. Enjoy your new axe !

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Looks legit to me. I have one in black. It's a nice guitar, especially for the money. You can find them for around $550 new. That's cheap.

The one thing that annoyed me initially, was the trem bar. It was always coming loose. But, after using it for a while, it seemed to fix itself. I have had a couple of these and it was the case with both. Though, I did wind up buying a new Floyd Rose trem bar and holder for it, fits perfectly.

Some people will say the licensed trem is a problem. The newer ones are made with a harder baseplate material. I haven't had any problems at all.

Fortunately, if there was a problem, an Original Floyd Rose fits right in there.

Congratz. If I were going to recommend a guitar for someone just starting out, this would be it. That is not to say more expierenced won't enjoy it as well. I do.

BTW.... I also have a USA Custom shop JAckson soloist to compare to.

Have fun!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do you think you may or may not be scammed? It's a nice guitar, I like Jacksons and used to have a Dinky myself. My only issue is that my hands are too big for them. Always good to see a maple board anyways. Enjoy your new axe !
lol that was partially a joke.
Although i found it odd that nobody else bidded on it other than me.
That guitar is worth around $1299 Australian Dollars new without a setup etc here.

the whiteness of that guitar should compliment my current axe nicely :p

The JB in that guitar might be a little too bright for me considering alder/maple fretboard/bolt on is generally bright enough as it is right?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Congrats. New axe days ROCK ;)

I have always had an affinity for USA soloists and ESP versions but recently bagged an RGT3020 and now have no desire for a soloist anymore :)

I usually prefer my JB pups in mahogany or maple topped mahogany. Never tried one in alder or basswood. Let us know how it works for you :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hey if you ever feel like swapping the LFR trem for the real thing, is it a direct swap? Thats the only thing that kept me from buying one of those, I didn't trust the trem. But love the maple neck with black sharkfins. Nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts