Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't resist but to take a few pics last night of my new Jem... I just love her ;)

This is my first Jem and it's a little bit different than what I'm used to... but she's slowly growing on me. I'm also trying to figure out this new Jemini pedal. I think it's best as an added sound, not as a primary distortion.

H

http://www.youtube.com/user/howhei15

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi man first of all congrats for your new guitar. Id like to ask you about a problem im having. I got a jem7vwh too, two days ago i changed the strings (9-42 gauge) and the tremolo angle changed (i guess) becuase I was forced to increase the tension of the springs (back part of the guitar), as a result now the guitar is in perfect tuning (E tuning) but the tension increased and is getting difficult to bend the strings. I got a little buzzing too playing the low notes. Any comment would help ... I just want my guitar to be perfectly adjusted as it should be.

ps... i have not adjusted anything else on my guitar (iits brand new) i just changed the strings and tension of the springs

·
Registered
300 Posts
Weren't you the guy that just got the Malmsteen strat? Me and my teenage income hate you. :)

Beautiful guitar by the way, and the Jemini is next on my list.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, I'm sure interested to hear the response on the jemini.

I know in Vai's demo he says he's running through the clean channel of his amp, however it definitely sounds that he has a chorus applied....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Chewie15 Congrats! Have fun with that beauty.... Now to keep from catching the bug!

I just bought another 7VWH, my first one was a used 03 however I don't believe it had been played more than 2-3 times, plastic still on everything. Last year of the ebony, it sure feels and plays different than the mint 06 I just bought the other day. The 03 is heavier has more sustain (maybe the ebony?) however the pickups are much brighter and almost have a little squeal to them which I've heard others talk about and been kind of curious about that?? The 06 white color isn't as bright as the 03 however I do like the sound as the pick-ups have a better tone, and the neck/fret board is a little flatter also. I bought the 03 with the intention of putting a sustainer in however it's almost too nice to cut into so I'm looking for a "not so pretty" used/slightly abused one to do that with.

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
Hey Chewie15 Congrats! Have fun with that beauty.... Now to keep from catching the bug!

I just bought another 7VWH, my first one was a used 03 however I don't believe it had been played more than 2-3 times, plastic still on everything. Last year of the ebony, it sure feels and plays different than the mint 06 I just bought the other day. The 03 is heavier has more sustain (maybe the ebony?) however the pickups are much brighter and almost have a little squeal to them which I've heard others talk about and been kind of curious about that?? The 06 white color isn't as bright as the 03 however I do like the sound as the pick-ups have a better tone, and the neck/fret board is a little flatter also. I bought the 03 with the intention of putting a sustainer in however it's almost too nice to cut into so I'm looking for a "not so pretty" used/slightly abused one to do that with.

sssshhhhh freaking awsome collection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts