Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's my birthday today, and i got myself a really nice RG1550FM, it's a spot production model which i think is pretty rare. It is THE most amazing guitar i've ever played. I feel so lucky to get it. Here's the best pic of it

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ya the gold hardware is a big plus...to bad i don't like maple...unlike alexBLA haha
( like how it looks, but not how it feels)

·
Registered
112 Posts
congrats! nice looks and overall nice playing afaik, yet don't understand why the pickups hadn't been changed for this "limited production model"...

do the specs differ from the rg1550 except for the flamed maple top and the gold hardware?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I think the specs were exactly the same apart from the hardware colour and body colour as you said. It was a Japanese Spot Production model. MachineHead music are still selling them for £585.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the.godfather said:
I think the specs were exactly the same apart from the hardware colour and body colour as you said. It was a Japanese Spot Production model. MachineHead music are still selling them for £585.
Not any more mate, i bought the last one :-D

This model has a mahogany body and flamed maple top. Where as the standard production models use basswood.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Beautiful - throw some white pickups or white pickups and a white pickguard on that, and it's my kind of RG. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
i think they should have gone with directmounted pickups not with the pickguardmounted ones! this way you loose alot of this precious figured wood

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Go with cream pickups to match the maple... love to see that the dots aint plain black either.... :)

lovely beast dude, congrats, and enjoy :D

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Are you in the UK?

They look like the pics I've been drooling over on the machinehead website

Congratz, we need more RG's with maple fret boards

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I really should try reading earlier posts before I go asking questions that have already been answered !!!

Again, Congrats on a nice guitar

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.