Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My precious !!! LACS....

I've no idea where to put this topic : in Custom or the 7string area....

Pix of my new guitar, I've bought it not long ago, it's still in the USA and I will probably see her in next month but this is what I always wanted (almost :) ) ,signature model ;-P would be cool as well )

http://foto.onet.pl/albumy/album.html?id=36010&k=10&q=gitarlandia&nxt=0

Also pix of my Washburn PTK USA custom shop model, next time my Ibanez RG2077XL

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Nice guitar!

Don't know how I'd get on with the big neck-heel on it though.Is it me or is the neck-plate not straight ?

I just bought one of Dinos LACS guitars and it's an awesome beast.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JTM45 said:
Nice guitar!

Don't know how I'd get on with the big neck-heel on it though.Is it me or is the neck-plate not straight ?

I just bought one of Dinos LACS guitars and it's an awesome beast.
Yeah I know man about it and some day I will buy it from You ... :) ok??

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Very nice guitar, one of the more classy Dino guitars. Thats kind of what I had in mind for my next custom, only mine is gonna be all-natural wood. Very nice guitar though! Congrats.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Bardzo fajna gitara, choc ja nie moge zyc bez dwoch przetwornikow. Tak z ciekawosci, ile kosztowala cie dostawa (samo shipping) czegos takiego do Polski? (Zakladam ze jestes w Polsce)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
JTM45 said:
I don't know if this was actually one of Dinos. There's no mention of it.
If this is a L.A.Custom (and it IS), it's made for an artist, just like Señor Cazares himself.
I don't know any other guitarrist that uses those configurations and actually able to order a guitar just like that...
It IS a Dino.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sorry Tubarao but you are wrong!
The guitars (and there were three made of this type)were made by the LACS and two of them were then given to endorsed artists(neither of them was Dino). The third (this guitar) ended up in the hands of a non-endorsee.

Read about it half way down this page.
http://www.jemsite.com/axes/custom/index.htm

Also every custom 7 that has been made for Dino by the LA Custom Shop has been made with an EMG pickup fitted as standard.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
JTM45 said:
Sorry Tubarao but you are wrong!
The guitars (and there were three made of this type)were made by the LACS and two of them were then given to endorsed artists(neither of them was Dino). The third (this guitar) ended up in the hands of a non-endorsee.

Read about it half way down this page.
http://www.jemsite.com/axes/custom/index.htm

Also every custom 7 that has been made for Dino by the LA Custom Shop has been made with an EMG pickup fitted as standard.
That page don't says it all.
Who's 'tha man that uses that config?
If it was bought by other guy, it isn't made under "somebody" specs but DINO.
IMO, this axe was made to DINO exclusively.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Allen Garrow: the PTK is an all korina model and the PT3 is an all mahogany, I would go for the PTK 7 string if there was made something like that. It's an awesome guitar, very well sounding and lightweight. also the active +passive config of pickups in one guitar is amazing. And the original look :))

pawel: sam shipping to 250 dolcow ,ale znajomy musi ja zwiezc do poslki bo poczta USA wprowadzila limit dlugosci przesylki i musialbym przesylac ja osbno gryf osobno korpus w dwoch paczkach. w moim RG2077XL mam konfiguracje HB-S-HB, a teraz chcialem czegos bardzo surowego z wygladu i w maksymalnie prostej konfiguracji elektroniki. to jest prawie moj wymarzony modl, przydalby sie jeszcze AANJ i zamiast floyda FX-EDGE i juz by bylo idealnie,no moze jeszcze glowka reverse jak w dinach (pozdrawiam z Polski)

Tubarão Guitars: JTM45 is right it's not Dinos guitar. It was private owned from the beginning. and the 2 others like on the link that JTK45 gave you, has one munky and the guitarist of primal rage, look on the date of made '96
, Dino has played already all EMG equipped Customs, no passive, like this one.Also Dino has nothing to do with an ebony fretboards!! This is the best,no markers

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
More comments on this please

do You like it or not

If Ibanez put a simmilar in mass production would You buy one

What would You change in it???

personally I will go for a 1xEMG707 (white if they make someday in this color) a FX edge bridge and reverse headstock. Something like mixing this one with a dino :)) a all white hardware (bridge nut and key like munky have would be great also )

regards

1 - 20 of 20 Posts