Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this recording and others that will be in this thread are 5 and more months old. So, ya, you can consider them old.
They were played with a bad GRX Ibanez with a bad set of pickups and a bad volume knob and also only a trem, no floyd. The processor used is DigiTech RP10 and the background is a MIDI file.
This goes for all the recordings in this thread.

Now, that I've got a better guitar I'll make new recordings in a few days/weeks and post links in a new thread when that happens.

I'm gonna upload only songs that are not mine originally. That is because I don't want to upload anything mine untill I publish it cuz I don't want to have my work stolen.
p.s. I'm not reffering to any of the members.

So the first song I'm going to share is Malmsteen's "Brothers".

http://rapidshare.de/files/12922833/Brothers.mp3.html

Um...let me know what you think. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks., but with this **** of a processor you can't get any clarity cuz it makes "air" noise and such crap. The delay is not too loud. It doesn't double the notes and I think it's good for this song. Also, I'm not one of those types who lower the dist gain and compressor and turn up the noise gate and all just to sound like they're not making any mistakes and all. It's lifeless and makes the sound short and fade away too fast so you end up picking the same note more times than you want to. I don't like that. I like when you can hear the picking and every little movement of the fingers, a perfect sound like Steve Vai's and a great sound for shredding like Malmsteen's.

I had many trouble making the sounds on this processor sound good. You could never tell it's a DigiTech RP10 I'm using cuz, GOD, you should hear the presets! YUCK! The presets on this processor are the worst thing I ever heard.

Also, I don't have much resource for making quality recordings cuz I'm very poor and I only have a guitar, and the processor which goes directly into my comp. No amp, no mixer, no pedals, no nothing.

Thanks again for being so thoughtful to reply. I really appreciate it. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not crazy about the heavy delay. The speed is there but you need to work on using it a little more tasefully than just blazing up and down harmonic minor scales and diminished triads. Kinda reminded me of the way Chris Impelleteri would phrase. I'm not saying that the speed isn't impressive but to stand out from the crowd you need to learn how to apply it a little different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey!
Man!
These two songs are unbelievable!

People, this man is incredible.

Dude, do you play Steve Vai too? I would like to hear it if you do!!
I love Malmsteen but Steve is the greatest! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Griever said:
Hey, razorsuppository, could you post a link for a mp3 version of that one? I'm on a 56k modem and so my, download speed is 3-5kb/s. :/
So, yeah, it would take me forever to see hat video. OK?

Oh, and here's another of my old recordings.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13400946/Trilogy_Suite_Op.5-the_first_movement.mp3.html
Here are some of my mp3s.

Cool phrygian dominant with a string section intro:
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MFJGLM9RHQTA2LBVHMATMXTSS

This one is the shreddiest : http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GYFAJU22BWT40YRXOURHW7ZV5

This is in lydian:
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=28Y5BWZHGWO5M21ZUM3LRYPWH9

Please give me some critique of the playing as well as some critique on the recording and mastering and stuff. All three of those are kinda metally but I have much softer ones if you'd like to hear those too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, you're very good, razorsuppository. :)

OK, here's the citique you wanted. And it's all friendly, no ill intended citique bull****. ;)

I think you should cut the intro short in the first one, it's very long and that would be good only if it had different melodies, but it doesn't and it's kinda monotonous. You should turn down the volume on the drums just a little bit. The backing track is computer made huh? ;) And, aslo, I think the first riff should all be palm mute, if you know which one I mean. :)
The second is very, very cool. I like the riffs. And the solo throughout is really something, but it sounds as if you're not quite confident in yourself while playing, if you know what I mean.
The third song is good enough for a movie. :D

I like them all, you're very, very good. I'd like to hear all you're willing to share. ;)

In Reply To #11

Um.......Rista? I think you maybe got redirected to another artist...maybe my links don't work for you......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, guys. I was foolin' around a little. Me and Griever are best friends, we play together in our band.
Hehe, a little, sarcastic, joke there, I thought he'd recognize me right away. :D
So, what's the deal, Griever, stayin' late again? Not getting much sleep? :p
Jeez, I ever registered with my real-life nickname and you still couldn't guess it was me. tsk-tsk, you gotta stop going to bed at 7am man. It's not healthy.

Oh, yeah, btw guys, all the things I said earlier about his playing wasn't a joke. :D I really mean that. Not only cause he's my friend and cause we play together, but cuz I really think he's number 1!! No offence, you are all very good guitarists and I really like that you post your work for everyone to hear. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wtf...

You...so it was you!! Of course, I never should've thought it was a coincidence someone registered with that nickname... (slaps his head)

And it's just like you not to tell me you registered here. Come to think of it, I never should of told you I'm registered here also.

Look, people, just pay no attention to his comments about me. He's a drummer anyway, not a guitarist.

p.s. Imma kill you for this! ^V^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.