Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been a member here for a while but not be a prolific poster!

I have a RG470AH which has been drawn on and signed by Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons and Herman Li. It has also been upgraded with Gravity Storm bridge and neck pick ups and an Area 61 middle.

I have a few questions around the use of this site to canvass opinions on the guitar's value.

Firstly, can I?

If so, how do I get to post photos?

Finally, if not via this site, does anyone have any suggestions where I could get it valued, either online or in the UK?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,431 Posts
Yes, you can use this site as a canvas, but you need a minimum number of posts (10 I think) in order to do so.

The best place to get a value is either Reverb.com or eBay.co.uk. Autographed guitars don't go for what they did 20 years ago as many musicians have made themselves more available, I'd say maybe £100 more than any other similarly modified RG470 for a collector. Personally I'd not pay any more for a non-signature model autographed guitar as its not something I see the value in, but others might like the fact that so many endorsers have signed it.#

feel free to post a few "countdown" posts in this thread until you're able to post pics.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Unfortunately those signatures aren't particularly well known to those of us outside the calloused fingertip community. Ask any person on the street who their favorite guitarist is & you probably won't hear any of those names. I tell you this only to say your potential market is going to be very limited. As far as the guitar itself, although it's a decent guitar, it's not going to be worth anywhere near what it was when new. Probably less than half. It's just the reality of the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts