Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did promise some more pics, so here they are. I have had for a little over a week now, and it is just fantastic! There is no words to describe it. It plays and sound absolutely amazing. It is just so damn versatile too! I have read reviews from people saying that it was a one-trick pony. Not true at all!

These damn things can play metal, blues, soft rock. Both lead and rythmn this guitar owns big-time. The pickups on it are outstanding. They are very low-output, but once driven hard with a decent overdrive pedal, they go into a league of their own!

The Fender Vintage Trem is better than any trem I have ever used. I prefer fixed bridges myself nowadays, but this thing is so lovely to use its incredible. I like it better than any Edge or Lo-Pro I have used. Maybe it cant be used as heavily, but it is damn close if its setup correctly!

I had only ever played a scalloped fretboard for like 20mins before, but it didnt take any getting used to whatsoever. It fitted like a glove. It really does seem as though this is the guitar that my hands have been wanting! Anyone thats ever thought about getting one, and has been put-off by the low-output pickups, or the scalloped neck - - dont be put-off!

Another thing is the colour........that Vintage White just does not come across in the pictures, it is gorgeous!

I got it for a cracking price (thanks Darren!) and I love it to bits. I was going to buy one brand new anyway, but didnt like the though of the 4 month wait for one.

But anyway, I could go on about this thing all day long. So here are some piccies for you all to lust over!

http://www.picturetrail.com/the.godfather_ibanez

Everytime I see it, it makes me smile!
Most defenitely - - A keeper! :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys! It is a great guitar, it really is. Anyway, to answer some of your questions.....

I do like the more common maple-necked version alot actually, and this is next on my "to buy" list actually. The reason I went for the rosewood is because I prefer the feel and tone of it. Its less "bright" than maple in tone. The rosewood has a much "darker" sound. Plus I think the rosewood looks cool too! lol

As for how the pickups sound clean, pretty good actually! Very nice for that, clean, "acousticy", kinda arpeggio sound that Yngwie uses e.g. Black Star. But the pickups defenitely liked to be kranked with distortion and a decent overdrive pedal. They sound fantastic!

I didnt have to adapt my playing at all for the scallops. As I said before, it seems as if its what my hands have been wanting me to play for all this time! lol I just took to the scallops straight away. The only thing I would say I did adjust slightly.........is the pressure. You dont press as hard on scallops, almost like a feather touch.

As for a soundclip.......watch this space. I have been meaning to record "I'll See The Light Tonight" for a while now!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, they are great! As I said previously, its maple-necked brother would be a nice addition to my rosewood one. Just for something different tone-wise as well really. But I want one of the new 2005 models again, with nice big headstock. The newer ones seem to be really well built.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.