Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a new guitar project and bought a body off someone from craigslist, however he had no idea what model it was and neither did I since the serials inside the heel were covered with paint. However the problem came when I bought a Japanese made RG-550 wizard II neck... which doesn't fit inside the square/aanj heel. I figured I could just route the body to make the neck fit inside correctly or fill the extra gap with epoxy or something @[email protected]' (I just put alot of work sanding and re-painting it so I'm too stubborn to call it quits and buy a new body) Anyways I'm new to this type of thing so I don't really know what to say to help you guys in determining this guitar's model... but it does have a licensed floyd rose trem (not sure which one) and it has 500k pots on the inside... however the pickups that came with it were unmarked(unusual) ... but regardless I'm pretty sure it's an ibanez of some sort because even though it doesn't have the sharp edged horns like my other ibanez it has considerable weight for the smaller size of it and seems to be of good quality build. Blah blah blah I probably typed too much for anyone to read but here are the pictures anyways. Also any advice on what to do with my neck problem would also help =D (Argh apparently you need 20 posts to be able to post pictures...) I hope you guys still look at them and help me
h ttp://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/mrrawrl/004.jpg
h ttp://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/mrrawrl/003.jpg
h ttp://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/mrrawrl/006.jpg
h ttp://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/mrrawrl/009.jpg
h ttp://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac105/mrrawrl/010.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I don't know of any ESP models with HSH configuration... or that look anything like the guitar I have.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks like a Jackbanez to me :) Maybe it is some Chibanez or homebrew thing. That was a great help wasn't it. I would cut your loses and get an Ibanez body. They seem to be selling for dirt cheap on -bay lately.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Could be a heavily modded Strat. Neck heel looks like a 80's Strat of some sort. Would have taken massive amounts of sanding to get some of those curves though, that's why I'm leaning towards an Ibanez.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Heel looks like an ESP to me.
On second inspection, the screw pattern does indeed suggest Fender, not ESP. I wondered whether it might be one of those heavy metal Squier things from the 80s, but then the lack of a rib contour confused me.

·
Developer
863 Posts
That is a Ibanez/rg jem custom body when i was looking for bodys, i saw the exact same, that messed up tiger bugs me, so i bought a better replica. hope i helped

hey how much was it?

Brett

·
Developer
863 Posts
Toshiro, if you look on The bay (e b a y) you will see this guy makes ibanez customs look just like that yellow guitar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a Ibanez/rg jem custom body when i was looking for bodys, i saw the exact same, that messed up tiger bugs me, so i bought a better replica. hope i helped

hey how much was it?

Brett
0_o I can't find anything like this on ****, would you mind linking it to me? I got it for only 50 bucks with the cheap pickups/bridge/harness, but it's still a bugger that it doesn't fit a 24 fret neck : /

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Toshiro, I'm pretty confident you hit it right on =D I figured it had to be a fender when I measured out the scale length and the 24 fret wiz II I bought would have to be about one inch inside the neck pick up for it to work out XD I'm still debating on whether I should get a fender neck and slap it together or buy an Ibanez body and slap those together or both hehehe Thanks alot for your help though =]

·
Developer
863 Posts
ok well i will give you the link to the ibanez that looks close, after looking that doesnt look like a superstrat, sorry i may of been wrong :D

YEP I WAS WRONG, NOT AN JEM
Link

(ADD **** WHERE THE **** IS)

h ttp://cgi.****.ca/HONDURAS-MAHOGANY-IBANEZ-JEM-STYLE-1-PIECE-BODY_W0QQitemZ170358525379QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item27aa28cdc3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1215|293%3A1|294%3A50

Sorry bout false info, haha just took a breif look at the pictures

1 - 16 of 16 Posts