Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts? Am selling on but want to ensure I don't mislead anyone.

Ibanez Prestige Custom guitar. Serial F0425369, production year 2004, Fugjigen Gakki, Japan. 24 fret.

Very dark black/green colour - looks black most of the time

Single piece Wizard Prestige (?) neck, Ibanez floating trem, uprated pickup which doesn't help. Rosewood fingerboard and body probably basswood - feels about right. Sustains well.

So what model is it? I bought it a few years ago when it was listed as a customised RG570, but given the serial I think that's impossible - it's certainly decent enough and I've owned high end Ibanez which compare to this, but is very weird....

Musical instrument Guitar Musician Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

Hi all

Any thoughts on this one?
Musical instrument Photograph Guitar White Light

Textile Wood Material property Tool Hand tool
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory
Musical instrument Photograph Guitar White Light
Musical instrument Hood Guitar accessory Circuit component String instrument
Musical instrument Guitar Musician Musical instrument accessory String instrument

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'd say that's a 1570 - they came in a variety of colours that year, 3pc maple neck, cosmo hardware. So, it would've come out of the factory as a HSH (usual oem pups) without a pickguard. Looks cool though, you don't see many single hum RGs, the only recentish (like, mid 00s) factory one I can think of was the black 2610E.

Pu looks like some kind of DiMarzio, you'd have to pull it to check what model it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say that's a 1570 - they came in a variety of colours that year, 3pc maple neck, cosmo hardware. So, it would've come out of the factory as a HSH (usual oem pups) without a pickguard. Looks cool though, you don't see many single hum RGs, the only recentish (like, mid 00s) factory one I can think of was the black 2610E.

Pu looks like some kind of DiMarzio, you'd have to pull it to check what model it is.
I'm pretty sure it's a Tone Zone - great PU but would have been helpful to know what the original was. The neck looks single piece to me? I do like the look of it - reminds me of old style 80s single humbucker charvels etc. Alas my hair not as long as it used to be...! Might get the pickguard off tonight for interest's sake.

·
Registered
996 Posts
If you look closely, you can see the three pieces of maple laminated lengthwise, the grain differs. At some point Ibanez reintroduced additional thin walnut strips between so it became a 5pc, which continues to be used on various models, like the Genesis.

Original pickups would've been V7/S1/V8, as per 550/570 for the longest time. If it's a Tone Zone (agree it looks like it might be!), it'll have a sticker with 'DP155' on it.

Overall condition looks good too (y), have seen many from that era where the Edge Pro is quite badly corroded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're quite right, I hadn't spotted the laminate. Just explored further with the pickguard off and was definitely HSH previously so think an RG1570 is the right result. Thanks everyone for your help! 👍

If you look closely, you can see the three pieces of maple laminated lengthwise, the grain differs. At some point Ibanez reintroduced additional thin walnut strips between so it became a 5pc, which continues to be used on various models, like the Genesis.

Original pickups would've been V7/S1/V8, as per 550/570 for the longest time. If it's a Tone Zone (agree it looks like it might be!), it'll have a sticker with 'DP155' on it.

Overall condition looks good too (y), have seen many from that era where the Edge Pro is quite badly corroded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts