Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my peavey 6505 today to fund for a new low wattage tube amp. Tried the Blackstar HT-5 and the Jim Root Sig Orange Tiny Terror. Ended up walking out with the Orange. Nice amp!

Was a little disappointed to get home to plug it in to find that the salesman did not include the power cable.

Anyway heres a pic

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah I've heard not having a power cable really limits an amps volume. You'll have to play smaller shows until you get one. Best upgrade I ever made.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
maybe it runs on D batteries!:wink:
You might have to steal some from your boombox.

Every time I see one of those amps, I think of the Anderton's review where they pitted it against one of those little Mesa heads and the Orange was just better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
"Every time I see one of those amps, I think of the Anderton's review where they pitted it against one of those little Mesa heads and the Orange was just better"

I feel the same way :D Rob Chappman and those guys at Andertons do loads of reviews when it comes to orange amplifiers.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Cool amp - congrats!!! I've heard the HT-5 is a great little amp too although I bet the Orange has more gain on tap. I'd be curious to hear why you went with the Orange instead of the HT-5? What were the deciding factors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts