Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I ran into a buddy of mine in another band earlier last week and he tells me he wants to sell me his Tiny Terror for a scant $350. Score right? Well, I said I'd sit on it, and he hits me up today and said the music store I used to work at offered him $250 and he'd rather sell it to me for that price, so I jumped on it like white on rice!

Long story short, other than Mesa, Orange is the amps I always turn to for "my sound" and i've wanted wanted one of these little lunchboxes for a looong time! Well...now I finally have one! Next stop...Rockerverb!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
sweet deal man! Definitely been wanting to score a good deal on those but now that Mesa came out with their own version of a lunchbox, i dunno... Maybe ya need to get one of those too and have best of both worlds :p
... check into the Holy Terror mod from Mercury Magnetics if you ever get bored and wanna mod your TT.

Reg

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I thought about getting a TransAtlantic and doing a shootout...but something tells me, the Mesa would blow it out of the water for versatility ;) (Of course, it is also almost double the retail too!)

I will say that on the Orange vs. Vox game, while the Vox is very sweet and Vox-y it is noisy as all hell! All 3 i've played have been noisy in pentode mode. Very dissapointing :(

If I were to mod it, I want one of those sweet custom head shells to make it looks like their big brothers! I think it's almost a must! I love the stock tone, really. I bought it because it does the best Omar Rodriquez-Lopez tone without me spending $1000+

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Congrats man.

I've been wanting to check one of those out for a while. Ever since I bought my AD30HTC I've been in love with low watt heads. Now that I know you can get a box made for it to finish the look, I'm even more interested.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh sweet, I bet that twin channel sings! Omar uses the AD amps doesn't he? I bet that really nails the tone!

You can find those head shells floating on the bay for reasonably low prices. All you have to do is take the handle and feet off and screw the amp down where the feet were. Lets the amp breathe really well too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts