Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a minty 100watt Carvin V3 head today. I was looking to downsize my rig to a 2x12 combo but I couldn't pass this deal up so I'm still half stackin' it! Only played it for 15 minutes or so but I have all night to dial it in and believe me, it will take all night. So many knobs and switches plus smart loops and tail options! I'm in heaven. Pairs nicely with my Carvin USA 4x12 with the Eminence Brit Speakers.

look at all those controls!!!:p

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very versatile amp with lots of possibilities. Feature wise what would one want more? I owned one fir a while but it was a bit too cold sounding to me. Great for tight metal etc though. Enjoy it!
yeah, I'm going back and forth with these thick/intense switches and the master eq knobs. My style is more VH and Led Zep and occasionally Recto style stuff,but I'm finding some sweet spots. so far I love uit

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really need to play one of these but I just can't find one locally to try.

I hear mixed reviews about it. But it has everything I want for a great price!
I see there are a few used ones on the guitar center website.. I wonder if they would ship one to your closest store to try?? There is a sweet white one with a matching cab and a few other heads and a few combos.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I see there are a few used ones on the guitar center website.. I wonder if they would ship one to your closest store to try?? There is a sweet white one with a matching cab and a few other heads and a few combos.
I'll have to ask them about it today (I live right by one). I think they'll only do it if I'm serious about buying. And right now, I can't swing the cash.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Carvin amps are the best value out there as far as amps go - imho (I have a Legacy)....tried a V3 earlier this year at a buddy's house and I really liked it...we had it next to a DSL 50 and I thought the V3 sounded way huge better...congrats man!!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been researching and it seems like people either love the V3, hate the V3, or hated it until they learned how to dial it in..or in some cases couldn't dial it in a got rid of it. I've never owned an amp with a learning curve.;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had a legacy 1 before which sounded so warm, I just might 've had a contrast problem. Too bad that legacy had an issue : using a hard switch pedal in the loop generated a loud pop like mechanical click at master volume 10 that just blew my ears out :/

Also love the little rack mount formats!

The v3 really has every feature an amp should have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.