Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,
after conversating with fellow forum brotha @3bolt79, I caught the G.A.S. pandemic.

Got this little monstah at a fair price, I believe.

Still honeymoon time, will report back after some live use and tracking. So far, so good.

Unless I have some mechanical issues, I will definitely be keeping it.

Once again thank you so much Dr. 3 bolt. JK of course.

And here it is...
Shipping box Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Rectangle Font

Registered
Yeah, everybody needs a Marshall 馃憤 @steveb63 what is the orange one below your new head?

I really like the tone shift button on those. A totally cool amp you have, as Yoda would phrase it.

Congrats on the newest GAS fix. HNGD!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, everybody needs a Marshall 馃憤 @steveb63 what is the orange one below your new head?

I really like the tone shift button on those. A totally cool amp you have, as Yoda would phrase it.

Congrats on the newest GAS fix. HNGD!
It's my Marshall JTM 45 with tremolo, in a re-housed orange colored head cabinet. I also have a 20 watt Origin head, and a DSL 40C that I leave at our rehearsal space. Along with a few other select toys.

These newer revoiced DSL's sound way better than the old combo I have. Having fun grinding away with my RG550 and my new red channel!

I just was inspired by your tone chasing- not to worry, my wife holds me 100% accountable Lol.

Registered
JTM 45 is probably my favorite Marshall Head. I love the sound.

I had a DSL 40C. I could get the same sound as Brian May鈥檚 guitar on The Hero and Battle Theme from Flash Gordon. I can see another DSL head coming my way with a 4x12.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No complaints so far.

Seems like its been revoiced. At least to me.

We all hear things differently, I'm sure I'm not hearing any spikes in the higher freqs due to hearing damage.

Registered
I have been getting used to my Marshall Origin 50. It works really great with pedals and was inexpensive. I have been using a Klon type boost into an MXR Distortion+ and I can get AC/DC to Rhoads tone. I needed something with a little more power than my Mesa Mark V 25. Head and cab were under 1K new.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory String instrument

Registered
I really like my Origin 50. I usually run it at half power. I already have a nice Mesa/Boogie Mark V 25 mini Stack, but I wanted something with a bit more power. the head and cab were so affordable.

I鈥檇 love to hear a sound sample of some power chords through the Friedman in front of the amp. Just wondering if you can hit Dio era Sabbath through that rig.

Happy New Gear Day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like my Origin 50. I usually run it at half power. I already have a nice Mesa/Boogie Mark V 25 mini Stack, but I wanted something with a bit more power. the head and cab were so affordable.

I鈥檇 love to hear a sound sample of some power chords through the Friedman in front of the amp. Just wondering if you can hit Dio era Sabbath through that rig.

Happy New Gear Day.
I should be able to cop those tones.

Give me till Saturday, I'll try to get something up in this thread.

I'll post it in .wav format, if that works for you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts