Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the neck-through wizard prestige neck on the RGT320Q, 220H, and 220A the same dimensions as the bolt-on wizard neck? I can't possibly see how they can make a neck-through neck this thin. or is the neck-through wizard prestige only a wizard neck because they don't count the thickness of the paint?

thanks

(expensive guitars, gas attack, need cash quick or i'll blow)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
RG Prestige
Scale 648mm/25.5"
Width at Nut 43mm
Width at Last Fret 58mm
Thickness at 1st 18mm
Thickness at 12th 20mm
Radius 430mmR

RGT Prestige
Scale 648mm/25.5"
Width at Nut 43mm
Width at Last Fret 58mm
Thickness at 1st 18mm
Thickness at 12th 20mm
Radius 430mmR

According to the UK website, both necks have the exact same dimensions except that the RG Prestige necks are 3 piece and the RGT Prestige necks are 5 piece. Dunno if that factors in the paint, though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yea i think that those dimensions are not including paint, and paint would increase the thickness a bit. And the gloss finish supposidly makes it sticky.

·
Registered
858 Posts
lyconxero said:
RG Prestige

According to the UK website, both necks have the exact same dimensions except that the RG Prestige necks are 3 piece and the RGT Prestige necks are 5 piece. Dunno if that factors in the paint, though.
The UK website is wrong. The necks are identical dimensions and all 5 piece. The neck throughs have a wider wenge stripe than the walnut stripe on Prestiges though.

If I remember correctly, I think there was a little stain on the neck on the 320 down by the body, but there is no paint on the necks; it's clearcoat. And it's not enough even on the 320 to make a meaningful difference in the dimensions. And you could always sand some or all of it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts