Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, can someone take a picture of the side of a wizard II neck so i can see how thick it is. i have measurements, but i just want a visual representation so i can get a clearer idea of its width.

i want to know because i wont be able to go to a guitar shop soon, but im planning to buy an rg370 online. so i want to see how thin the neck is.

i really hope you can help me out
thank you very much

cheers
User01

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just so happen to own a RG370DX myself and I'd say that it's a really good beginner/intermediate guitar. Of course, I have upgraded mine so that it truly rocks. This is the best picture from the side that I have:

Also, here's another picture just for kicks so that you have an idea of what you're thinking of buying (mind you, my guitar has been modded a bit).

I hope that helps, man.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Oh, but I would also add that you should NEVER purchase a guitar that you've never played before....that is unless you've played a guitar that's almost just like it before. Ibanez guitars feel quite a bit different from your average Fender copy or a Les Paul design. Also, make sure that you actually have read up on floating trems and know what you're getting into. They're fun and all but are meant to be kept in the same tuning...not to mention the fact that they are a real BITCH to re-string. If you're planning on changing tunings frequently then get something with a fixed bridge like a RG321 (same basic guitar without the trem).

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, thanks for the pictures, i really appreciate it, but is it alright if i could have a closer picture of the wizard neck, like a close up few from the side.

cheers
user01

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
there is a very cool feature on this website called "search forum" that might bring you what you desire young padawan - goo luck and may the ...anyway, try a search. there are probably a few pics on here somewhere or another.
welcome to Jemsite - pls post your location.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't want to tell you how to pick your guitars but looking at a picture is not going to tell you anything about how the neck will play in your hands. All the Ibanez RG Wizard necks are very thin - probably the thinnest on the market and the difference between the Wizard, Wizard II, Jem etc is merely millimeters and will not show up in a picture. The real difference can only be noticed when you get the guitar in your hands. I tried a new RG4xx model the other day and compared to my 570 it felt totally different. So do yourself a big favour and try one before you invest your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Amen to that. I played an RG2xx or 3xx model in a shop and the neck felt horrible to me, nearly put me off Ibanez for good. It might have been the setup, but it just felt horrible. Every other Ibanez I've tried since though, I've liked.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know the difference between the Wizard and the Wizard 2 neck was much different to me. I played my buddies RG5*** something witrh the Wizard neck, then I played an RG421 with the Wizard 2 neck, and it was like magic. The Wizard neck was a little too thin for me, where as the Wizard 2 neck was perfect!! I love the neck and everything about the RG421(japan version of the 321). Jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.