Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986 Ibanez RG410 Roadstar ll with the single slant humbucker and original edge trem and 22 fret neck. The fretboard on the neck has been damaged. My question is, will a neck off a 1987-89 neck from a Ibanez 540R or 540S fit without having to make any changes? Is the neck pocket depth, width, and neck specs the same? Thx

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 1986 Ibanez RG410 Roadstar ll with the single slant humbucker and original edge trem and 22 fret neck. The fretboard on the neck has been damaged. My question is, will a neck off a 1987-89 neck from a Ibanez 540R or 540S fit without having to make any changes? Is the neck pocket depth, width, and neck specs the same? Thx
Quick answer is probably not. Do some research for the specs on those, but after 86 bodies & necks changed dramatically for the IBANEZ lineup. Check about for used Roadstar 2s I picked up an 85 for cheap as a project guitar. Probably 84-86 necks will be a better fit, although some shimming or sanding may be required for a proper fit.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It has the fender style neck pocket, so yes it should fit with no issue. Even a JS 22 fret neck would fit perfectly. I just put a 540S neck in a 540R. Plus has a warmoth neck in one too. The pocket is the same. Hell my Kramer Baretta Neck fits in the 540 R as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it will fit without major mods. Check the pocket with some calipers and then just have the person you are buying the neck from do the same. Then you don't have to worry about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just have the person you are buying the neck from do the same. Then you don't have to worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.