Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. The action is roughly 1mm higher at the 21st fret across all 6 strings than it is at the 11th fret on my Jem777 30th Anni. When I played my friend's 30th Anni. I could feel and later measured that the action at the 21st fret was EXACTLY THE SAME as the 11th fret...as is the case on all my other high-end guitars. I believe this is how it should be and want that same consistency on my recently purchased $3500 guitar. Would shimming solve this?

I happen to have a Stew-Mac 0.25 degree neck shim on hand that I purchased but never used. Would this be appropriate to solve this issue? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

P.S. Besides this issue I am completely in love with this guitar. I often find myself staring at it across the room in a dream-like gaze as if it were a beautiful woman...:nerd:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok. Thank you. I was under the (incorrect) assumption lowering the action would simply drop the string height across the board, retaining the discrepancy from the 11th to the 21st fret. I'll adjust it tonight. Thx.

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
If it's too close at 11 you add more neck relief.

Sit down with your friend and have him demonstrate how to set it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts