Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if a 22 fret Ibanez S neck (aanj) would fit well in an SA body (aanj). I really like the profile of the S prestige neck, but I want the HSS configuration of the SA series.

That being said, do the SA series tremolos keep in tune very well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
It would all depend on the radius. I'm not familiar with the S series, but I'm sure somebody here will know.
The radius would have nothing to do with that. The radius is just the curve of the fretboard.

The scale length is the same between the two, so that's one positive.

The next thing to check is the width of the heal, and if they are identical between the two models (I think they are but confirm first). If neck is wider than the joint on the body you can pretty easily widen it a little to fit.

Next is the neck mounting holes. You may need to fill the holes on the neck with dowel and re-drill to suit the body, but that's an easy job.

I'd say its entirely possible.

With regards to the bridge, I'm not sure how great they are exactly, probably similar to an average 2 point Fender system. Get some locking tuners and it may very well be good enough for subtle whammy bar use.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As long as the SA is also a 22 fret and both neck pockets are the same size IE: 56mm or 58mm etc.... Keep in mind that the crew holes probably will not line up so you will need to plug and drill new holes.
Supposedly if the body and neck were made at the same factory they should bolt right up but I have found that to be false.
I bought a S470DXQM body (to do something custom with and then decided to just put it back to original) and then bought a S470DXQM neck but not from this exact guitar and the holes did not line up so I had to plug and drill new holes in the neck even though they were both made in Korea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts