Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help but notice the interest that the RGT3120 has already recieved, especily on Jemsite. I heard some ramblings about an RGT3020 FM(flamed maple) and QM(quilited maple) maybe coming out soon..how sweet that looks man, i would buy a QM right now if they were available

RG3020FM Desert Sunset (DS) - Totally sick

RG 3020QM Sapphire Burst (SPS) - Im throwing up with joy :oops:

...Pictures taken from Darren Wilson's post on the new 2003 lineup...

Do you think that Ibanez is gearing up to start making a whole cadre of prestige neck throughs? I am really in love with the RGT3120. I like it signicantly more than a Jackson SL-1....will these models be a true soloist killer, or is it just a wave of hype since the RGTs are so new?

And how do people like "ultra" neck so far? A big difference going from a wizard to this JPM style neck, but i love it!

Keep Shredin,

-Andrew Renault

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The bigger necks have really grown on me. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think that little bit of extra wood influences the tone for the better. As for the neck thru thing, it certainly appears that Ibanez is expanding it's lineup at this time, but such trends seem to come and go...it will depend on sales.
Greg

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
They're just a tad too chunky for my taste, and the profile isn't quite to my taste, still good, but not perfect for me. If they made them all like the RG1Custom they would sell way more of them. ;)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
The RGT3020QM in sapphire burst is just about perfect in my eyes, as is the RGT2020 in the oiled finish.

If Ibanez did a 7-string and/or DoubleEdge version of either, i might actually become an RG owner! :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For sure man...that color is growing on me more and more...i think i like it more than the blue now...

Does anyone have any info on if this will be a US production model, or even if its likely?

I would still go for the RGT3120 if this doesnt become a US or easy to get foreign model...i just love that desert sunburst finish and the fact it will probably come with the updated edge. I hope my dreams will come true...

Keep Shredin,

-Andrew

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
Everything Prestige should have the new trem next year. I don't forsee them importing it. They already import the 3120 and aren't in the habit of offering the same guitar in wood options. If they do they'de probably bring in a small sample of 20 or so and call them a "spot production run" which usually just means "hey, we thought we'd try some of these out on you".

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rich said:
They already import the 3120 and aren't in the habit of offering the same guitar in wood options. If they do they'de probably bring in a small sample of 20 or so and call them a "spot production run" which usually just means "hey, we thought we'd try some of these out on you".
Rich, your that man. I would love to be a guienia pig if it means getting one of those 3020FMs....I have always wanted a sunburst RG prestige, espcially a neck through. Do you usually get any of those "spot production run" models...I would be the first in line. Well, time for an MRI...seriously.

Keep Shredin,

-Andrew

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
If they come in it depends on which distributor imports them, either can if they want [but wouldn't order you 3 or 5 if they weren't already going to bring them in]

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
*crosses fingers for a neck-through, XL-scale, Prestige, 7-string, Double-Edge model from Ibanez...in a variety of colours and tops :lol:*

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks rich, that would be so ill if i got my hands on one of those honeys...

And as for the souped up seven.....id keep those fingers crossed. It seemed plausable until the variety of colors and tops thing...I wish though...

Have any of you guys played a nice, big neck guitar, like a Wide Fat PRS and felt really comfortable with it, even after being so used to and ibanez neck? My friend had (recently stolen, along with his mesa rectoverb head....what a week) a PRS Custom 24 10 Top, and the neck felt so comfotable even though it was much bigger....i guess thats where your $3000 goes

Keep Shredin,

-Andy

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Rich said:
If they do they'de probably bring in a small sample of 20 or so and call them a "spot production run" which usually just means "hey, we thought we'd try some of these out on you".
Do I feel another batch of "Texas Prestiges" coming this way? :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts