Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got an Ibanez RG7321 but I really don't have any idea what I should play on it. So could anyone out there tell me about any bands that play 7 string who's music I might be interested in and maybe even a few songs by them to get started on? I want to hear some bands that play awesome 7 string riffs that consist of more than just powerchords ala Fear Factory. Obviously, I'm mainly into metal but I much prefer the metal that's more melodic and maybe even slightly progressive at times than the repetitive 'chug chug chug' type of metal.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
462 Posts
MESHUGGAH!

But then again that is chuga chuga chuga kind of metal. Except for the holdsworth inspired solos of course.

I think a good piece of advice for someone starting out on a 7 would be to try to transpose all that you already know on a 6 to a 7. A great book that does a good job on this is the book on 7 string guitar by Ibanez Endorsee Andy Martin :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.