Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it has been awhile I have posted here but I can really use some advice from a few tech nerds.

I got accpeted to a music school in Nashville TN that I will attend next fall. I will had a dorm and one locker of equipment. I am taking everything I have as far as gear accept my big 2 by 12 mesa cab and my pedal board. My board is just to big! To many wires. To heavy and awkward to store. So I need to find something to replace it. I local tech nerd friend was telling me that multi effects processors have gotten a lot better and i am now interested in one.

I will be taking my archtop, classical, Ibanez S, Mesa Stiletto Deuce Stage II, and my Henrikson 12inch ss jazz amp. I will also have a little 12inch orange cab.

So what would you suggest I buy. I really dont want to go above 500 so the G system is out. I have been looking at the GT10 and the TC electronics Nova system. I have also looked at the ME 70. Is any of the POD stuff worth looking at? Is there anything else I should look at?

·
Registered
313 Posts
really
i think its better having lots of pedals than a multi effects (but i'm 14 so yeh)
pedals i would have if i were you
1- jemini (overdrive and distortion)
2 - eventide modfactor, and a moog expression pedal this is all chorus, phaser and effects stuff also has a wah so if u get he moog pedal u have a wah!

http://www.eventidestompboxes.com/ModFactorPresetsDemo1.html
3 - delay boss dd-7
4 - noise supressor - although there al quiet maybe just in case/ or a bad horsie wah
5 - boss pitch shifter!

you should try them out, thats the pedal board im working towards right now

cam

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have plenty of pedals but thinks for the reply.

The problem with pedals is they end up taking up a lot of space. You cant really transport pedals quickly without haveing them mounted to pedal board. I had one custom made for me and it is huge and heavy. I have to carry my rig from class to class and I gig a lot. That and i need something smaller i can practice with in my dorm.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You could either build a small pedalboard and carry only essential pedals, or go for a Boss GT-8. I'm biased towards the first option, as I'm an old-school pedalboard user (mine isn't very big and fits nicely in a bag). But the GT-8 is decent enough for study and small gigs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts