Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Scottsdale, AZ and have a Jem 7VWH and a 1989 Jem FP1. I would like to have them checked over, new strings, check action, intonation, worn frets either sanded or replaced, any neck adjustments and set up whammy to stay in tune. I have tried to do a lot of this on my own but would really like to have them professionally and correctly set up. Any suggestions for someone you actually used or know someone who used a tech and was satisfied?
Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tried to PLEK your guitar? Search on google. I am curoius about it but has not dared yet ;)
Kind of computer trimming your neck.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Hello fellow Scottsdale dweller.

Avoid: The Guitar Gallery. Their tech is supposedly very good--Roberto Venn School grad, ex Fender employee, etc. but he seems more geared to acoustic guitars and vintage electrics. I've taken my Ibby's to him several times over the years for routine stuff, and not been happy with the results. I just don't think he's too up-to-speed on modern, floating-trem guitars. I can do a better setup myself, so I definitely wouldn't trust him to do anything more serious.

Try: Note Works (www.fixguitars.com)

These are the guys that own and run www.guitarelectronics.com. This is where I'll be taking MY Ibby's from now on, but they're a bit of a drive from me so I don't yet have first-hand experience with them. However, after researching several potential places, I get the best gut feeling about these dudes... especially after chatting with them on the phone a couple times. I'll be having them refret my Apex II and re-radius the fretboard, among other things.

If you happen to go elsewhere and find a place you really like, please message me here and let me know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. I will check into this. Right now I'm living in Lake Havasu but trying to sell our home here to move to Scottsdale. Our boys live there and have their car detailing business there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts