Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently brought a Fender Stratacoustic (Electric Acoustic) and when I hook it up to my new Marshall MicroStack it has tonnes of feedback.

Obviously the closer I sit the worst it is, but doesnt seem to make much difference if I Sit 4 meters away.

Someone has suggested I plug up the hole, but am reluctant as I think this may affect its sound considering its an elec acoustic.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
TVE

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i have a yamaha apx7a, which is basically an acoustic which is designed for spending most of it's life being amplified.

it came with a really neat removable soundhole cover which i find indispensable. it's a fairly thick rubber thingy that is very easy to install and remove.

you don't necessarily need to stuff your guitar with wool. i'm sure you can track down a soundhole cover for your particular model.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damo7v said:
i have a yamaha apx7a, which is basically an acoustic which is designed for spending most of it's life being amplified.

it came with a really neat removable soundhole cover which i find indispensable. it's a fairly thick rubber thingy that is very easy to install and remove.

you don't necessarily need to stuff your guitar with wool. i'm sure you can track down a soundhole cover for your particular model.
Hi Damo7v,

Ive been told I can get a rubber one that is paper thin but am concerned it willl affect sound...have you had any issues with it affecting your sound?

Cheers
TVE

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
naturally it's going to affect your acoustic tone while you have the cover on. but your amplified tone shouldn't suffer, because most acoustic-electrics at our end of the price/sophistication range rely on bridge-mounted transducers as opposed to a soundhole-positioned microphone.

·
Registered
542 Posts
damo7v said:
naturally it's going to affect your acoustic tone while you have the cover on. but your amplified tone shouldn't suffer, because most acoustic-electrics at our end of the price/sophistication range rely on bridge-mounted transducers as opposed to a soundhole-positioned microphone.
Yeap thats right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.