Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am planning to get my first Ibanez J-Custom RG8520
Does anyone have experience with this guitar?
The one i am planning to get has 4 volume/tone controls and a 3-way toggle switch.
I have seen some RG8520 with only 2 volume/tone controls and 5-way switch.
Whats the difference betweent those two guitars?
Any other info would be greatly appreicated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
JC's with the Piezo's still have the X designation I believe.

The difference between the RG8520 with the 2-hum 5 way switch and the one you're looking at with a 3-way toggle and 2 volumes/tones is essentially just the wiring. If I recall I believe the 3-way toggle models have the JPM style wiring but with 2 seperate volumes and tones like a Les Paul. Still a good guitar, but it depends on the price difference.

(oh yeah, the RG8520 has flame maple wood binding on the neck//headstock, the model with the 3-way toggle would most likely have white plastic binding)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
yuo know it looks like a rg3120 with les paul type controls. not really any reason to get a j-custom if the specs are that similar. only real benefit, kill switch type les paul switching. personally, i only really use a master volume, so it is almost overkill. at least for someone like me. pretty guitar, but it just screams out rg3120dr.

rich

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
rty13ibz98 said:
yuo know it looks like a rg3120 with les paul type controls. not really any reason to get a j-custom if the specs are that similar. only real benefit, kill switch type les paul switching. personally, i only really use a master volume, so it is almost overkill. at least for someone like me. pretty guitar, but it just screams out rg3120dr.

rich
Bound neck, 3 way, and les paul controls is different enough from a 3120... ;)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Id say this one is pretty hard to get anywhere but in Japan... so if you are after a rare Ibanez, go for it...

Still, id say if you sell the LP and then buy this one youll end up pocketing some cash...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.