Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently acquired an Ibanez RG470 that was made in Japan. All hardware seems original and it is in decent shape, save for a few nicks and dents on the body. What I'm struggling with is to identify the colour, as it seems not to be listed as a standard colour for the RG470's of the time.

I attach a few pictures and will appreciate any clues. Also, considering to sand and repaint the guitar. Would you recommend it?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like Caribbean Blue, standard colour on Fujigen RG470, year 2000.
From a google image search Caribbean Blue looks different. What I picked up is that the code CB covers Caribbean Blue, or Cosmic Blue. Cosmic Blue seems to match, right?

·
Registered
547 Posts
From a google image search Caribbean Blue looks different. What I picked up is that the code CB covers Caribbean Blue, or Cosmic Blue. Cosmic Blue seems to match, right?
It really doesn't matter, you can name the colour anything you like, call it Badgers Bollocks Blue if it floats your boat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Regarding the trem, LO-TRS is different than LO-TRS II. First one was in MIJ guitar, second one in MIK. Second One is crap first one is ok.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have seen a few of these 470s with this colour on ebay here in the UK and I have the exact same guitar and like you it took me a while to track down the colour but to me it looks most like Cosmic Blue (I can't post links but go to the Ibanez wikia and look at available colours for the RG570s in 2001). However according to the catalogues (and the Ibanez Wiki) that colour was only available on the 570 ... obviously it isn't a 570 body as the routing is wrong. Also the catalogues say the neck is one-piece but mine is three-piece maple ... go figure :confused:

My suspicion, and it is only a suspicion, is that this colour on 470's was a spot issue given to distributors.

Also as the others have said the LO-TRS isn't a bad trem - not as good as an Edge (obviously) or a high quality FR but decent enough, it just gets a bad rap because of it's crappy sibling the LO-TRS II.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It certainly is the Lo TRS by Takeuchi, saw the imprint when I cleaned it up. The edge balancing on the posts are slightly worn, but the unit holds up quite well. I redid the electronics as the pots were scratchy. Also did the magnet swap as per lonephantom's vid.

It's a very enjoyable guitar and a great player, I like it. Thanks for the confirmation on the colour. Although it is not catalogued, I agree with the Cosmic Blue. Now to shred :grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts