Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a new project where we are swapping out some pickups on an old RX170. We are putting a full set of Lace Sensors in this one. The bridge is a Blue/Gold Dually, the center is a Silver single, and the neck is a Deathbucker. I know it's an odd combo but the owner is trying to get a bunch of different sounds out of this setup. I've done some basic pickup replacement but never had to really lay out the entire wiring plan for something like this.

In addition to the PUPs, we have a Fender 250k no load tone pot that turns into a bright switch when it hits 10 on the dial, a 250k volume pot with a push/pull switch, a 5 position selector switch, a Mojotone Djion cap for the tone and a Mojotone Volume Mod for the volume pot.He wants to make both humbuckers splitable via the push pull pot.

Can anyone offer some input on how to layout the wiring for this?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I think I got this sorted out on my own, but I'd appreciate someone looking this over to see if I've made any mistakes, which is quite possible. I'm dealing with too many different items that I haven't used before. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'll take me a while to sort though all that, but thanks for the links. A lot of those sites look like places I've already been. That diagram you posted RGTFanatic looks more like what I want but figuring out the wiring colors is going to be the issue. I think I'm fine on the Silver and the Deathbucker but the Dually has 6 wires, and I haven't had much luck finding a chart for what color is what on these Lace PUPS. I may have to get some alligator clips and just start experimenting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts