Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I just came across this weird all-red Ibanez V that dates back to 1985. Everything except the pickups seem to be original, although I am not sure. It looks fairly clean although I will have to go see it myself. He is asking 560 dollars for it and I really don't know if it is worth that much (the guy says it is practically free lol). I don't know anything about this guitar except the possibility of this being the same guitar as this: http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/discus/messages/14/1781.html?1181839765

I would appreciate any advice greatly!

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
I wouldn't pay collectors price for a non-original guitar, those pink EMGs are the deal breaker for me.
If you want a really good V get a nice Jackson RR, they're really cheap for the quality and you can get a Floyd and Seymour Duncans as standard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
$560 seems a tad high, EVEN IF the sharp v-points are all clean, but it may be worthy of $400-$425 with OG case, maybe, but like Sepulchrave said, Collector price is tough to ask when it's not original. I remember when they were new, colored fretboard was a trip, and the Green was really cool, much like the Red ones. Don't see alot of them, but they were marketed for "Metal" which translated to "meant to be beat up" and many got that way. \m/ \m/

·
Registered
185 Posts
The thing about pre '86 Ibanez is if it's got that rocker or pro rocker trem on it, you won't be able to find parts if anything breaks on it, & the studs are too far apart for a Floyd. I wouldn't pay any more than $250 for it. I wouldn't worry about collectibilty, I'd just be concerned about playability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.